(OT) WTF is going on in Hollywood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (OT) WTF is going on in Hollywood?

Conan O'Brien tonight was honored by the guest appearance of probably the greatest dramatic actor of the last 50 years. As I sat there in reverent awe of this cinematic giant, I found myself growing more furious by the moment. Just WTF is going on out there? It is time that the power figures in the film industry be called to account. It will be a crime if another year passes without the Academy finally giving Vin Diesel the Oscar he has so long deserved!

Sure the man has already been recognized with countless awards that carry more prestige. But there comes a point in an artist's career when the multiple Teen Choice and Spike Video Game Awards fall short of according a man his due.

Some believe that Vin alienated important players in the industry when, in 2005, he failed to show proper appreciation for his unanimous selection as The Golden Raspberry's Worst Actor for his unforgettable performance in 'The Chronicles of Riddick'. The whispering campaign suggesting that Vin has never again lived up to the sheer brilliance he displayed in 'Riddick' has been cruelly unfair.

What can be done to correct this miscarriage?

Stand in line, Vin! Steven Seagal hasn't yet received his Oscar!
    Last edited by stocknowledge; 05-24-2013, 04:02 PM.
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
      It will be a crime if another year passes without the Academy finally giving Vin Diec the Oscar he has so long deserved!

Sure the man has already been recognized with countless awards that carry more prestige. But there comes a point in an artist's career when the multiple Teen Choice and Spike Video Game Awards fall short of according a man his due.
      Fixed!
      Last edited by Jukin; 05-24-2013, 07:24 AM.
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Conan O'Brien tonight was honored by the guest appearance of probably the greatest dramatic actor of the last 50 years. As I sat there in reverent awe of this cinematic giant, I found myself growing more furious by the moment. Just WTF is going on out there? It is time that the power figures in the film industry be called to account. It will be a crime if another year passes without the Academy finally giving Vin Diesel the Oscar he has so long deserved!

Some believe that Vin alienated important players in the industry when, in 2005, he failed to show proper appreciation for his unanimous selection as The Golden Raspberry's Worst Actor for his unforgettable performance in 'The Chronicles of Riddick'. The whispering campaign suggesting that Vin has never again lived up to the sheer brilliance he displayed in 'Riddick' has been cruelly unfair.

Watch it, punk!
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

As long as the Academy keeps undervaluing garbage masquerading as "entertainment", fine classically-trained thespians such as Mr Diesel will never have the chance to collect the appropriate accolades.
          The quick solution would be additional award categories:

Best Ass-Kicking Scene
          Best Tough-guy one-liner (AHnold would probably get a lifetime achievement award in this category)
          Sexiest Shaved Head
          Best Supporting Automatic Weapon with a 4000-round clip (ever See Vin stop to reload?)

Comment

Have you guys ever seen Chronicles of Riddick? It's so bad it's hilarious.

I also happen to own the email address of vindiesel@_____ for a very popular email service. I get fan emails all the time. People love this dude, especially for the fast and furious franchise.

You know what I never get? hot chicks emailing me selfies. I get crazy deranged sad fans asking me to call them.

Comment

Originally posted by FearTheDawk View Post
              As long as the Academy keeps undervaluing garbage masquerading as "entertainment", fine classically-trained thespians such as Mr Diesel will never have the chance to collect the appropriate accolades.
              The quick solution would be additional award categories:

Best Ass-Kicking Scene
              Best Tough-guy one-liner (AHnold would probably get a lifetime achievement award in this category)
              Sexiest Shaved Head
              Best Supporting Automatic Weapon with a 4000-round clip (ever See Vin stop to reload?)

Now we're getting someplace. These are all excellent award suggestions!

Of course the intrenched Vin 'haters' who control the Academy would probably resist giving these awards during prime time, shuffling them off instead to the Awards Luncheon hosted by the likes of Melanie Griffith and Dane Cook.

I'm wondering if a variation on the 'Life Time Achievement Award' might be the way to go. Something along the lines of 'Life Time Achievement of Commercial Success by an Artist Lacking Any Recognizable Talent'. Of course, if they started bestowing this award, Vin would have to wait until the year after Adam Sandler got his.
              Last edited by tinopuno; 05-24-2013, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                Have you guys ever seen Chronicles of Riddick? It's so bad it's hilarious.

I also happen to own the email address of vindiesel@_____ for a very popular email service. I get fan emails all the time. People love this dude, especially for the fast and furious franchise.

You know what I never get? hot chicks emailing me selfies. I get crazy deranged sad fans asking me to call them.

Wasn't it HL Menken who gave us the sadly accurate quote, "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

'Taste' could be use interchangeably with 'intelligence'.

Comment

The cars are actually the better actors in some of those films!

More additional Academy Award categories:

Longest monotone speech.
                  Slowest martial arts movement (My man Steven Seagal would score big here!).
                  Least use of facial muscles.
                  Best misuse of the English language.
                  Last edited by stocknowledge; 05-24-2013, 04:02 PM.
                  "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
                    The cars are actually the better actors in some of those films!

More additional Academy Award categories:

Longest monotone speech.
                    Slowest martial arts movement (My man Steven Seagall would score big here!).
                    Least use of facial muscles.
                    Best misuse of the English language.
                    I was always partial to Jeff Goldblum in some of these wonderful acting categories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=JlOx9738iyw
                    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Oh, and this list cant possibly be complete without including the one and only Jean - Claude Gosh Damn!

Comment

I highly urge all the Vin Diesel fans to check out "Boiler Room", if you havent already.
                        In a huge stretch, he goes from mono-syllabic tough guy in a wife-beater tshirt to mono-syllabic wannabe stockbroker / ripoff artist.
                        (Honestly, this is a really good movie, but it does have the perfect example of Vin being Vin)

Comment

Arnold should be due for a lifetime achievement, acting sucks and his broken English hasn't improved a bit since his sorry bodybuilding flicks.
                          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by FearTheDawk View Post
                            I highly urge all the Vin Diesel fans to check out "Boiler Room", if you havent already.
                            In a huge stretch, he goes from mono-syllabic tough guy in a wife-beater tshirt to mono-syllabic wannabe stockbroker / ripoff artist.
                            (Honestly, this is a really good movie, but it does have the perfect example of Vin being Vin)
                            That was a good film and it's probably the last time I saw Diesel in anything. (I'm fairly certain of that because I haven't had to gouge out my eyes with a spoon). He did a decent job with the 'closer' bit but I think something may have happened to his cerebral cortex between making 'Boiler Room' in 2000 and his guest appearance on Conan the other night, because he sure was one dull fuck!

Could it have been way too much of this shit:

Comment

Working...
                            X