My observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My observations

The defense is getting better. Earl Wolff is not making huge mistakes and fletcher is pretty friggin good. D line is pretty good too. Homo made some good throws and Dez is a beast.

Our OL is so hot and cold. Why against that D would we struggle to run it??? Lee is a very good LB.

Desean can be taken out of the game with a high safety. We need a WR with Riley Coopers size that has some speed and no vagina.

As for QB

I am actually not shocked that Barkley played like that. He sucks.

Foles was hurt and lost so Vick gets the job back but I will just bet Vick struggles next week. And I will also bet he gets hurt again and Foles plays well again.

Having a smart team first backup like Foles is not a bad thing. So u draft a QB like Marriotta or Hundley this year and Vick starts and in a few years that QB is ready to start.

But u have to find some bigger WR that cannot be taken out of game with a high zone.

Lastly, Damaris Johnson is friggin awful. Avant can fair catch it. Johnson has to go.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Hundley was God awful yesterday too. As for the rest of your observations, we really are just a pretty bad team.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Not much too feel good about today:

- The D actually seems to be improving and largely contained a very potent Dallas offense until they wore down from overuse. (I think most of us would have believed the Birds would win if they could hold Dallas to 17 points.)

- Fletcher continues to play well and Wolfe is learning. The hit he put on Bryant was almost Dawkinesque. Together with Boykin, they provide some building blocks for an actual NFL secondary.

- Davis was bringing more consistent pressure on Romo which helped the secondary contain the damage from a talented Dallas receiving corps. (Dallas has 2, maybe 3 receivers that are better than anyone on our roster...and it's not close with Bryant and now Williams). Jackson is a one trick pony who can be largely shut down by a decent cover corner.

- Other than the Oline providng decent pass protection against a thin Dallas Dline, I've got nothing good to say about our offense. Foles inaccuracy emphasized the inadequacies of the WOs, Celek and Ertz get a combined D-, and Shady has fallen in love with his moves.

- Alex Henery doesn't impress me as a guy the Eagles can count on to kick even a 40 yard field goal if an important game, let alone the season depended on it. He came very, very close to blowing a 31 yd chip shot that would have handed the Birds the further indignity of being shut out!

- Chip's decision to have have Mr Henery attempt a 60 yarder was simply stupid. And I've been calling him 'cerebral'. What do i know.

- I'm told that Brandon Graham, our #1 pick in 2010 that we moved up to get (with Earl Thomas, JPP, Demarius Thomas, and Dez Bryant still on the board) is still on the team. Who knew?

Comment

Let me add that I am getting tired of Shady's dancing with the Stars act, hit the damn hole (even if its the usual sliver this shit offensive line gives you ).
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

How much would you give up to get Earl Thomas instead of Brandon Graham.

Everyone keeps talking about how great Andy is doing in KC. Andy absolutely fucked us with his drafts.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post

Everyone keeps talking about how great Andy is doing in KC. Andy absolutely fucked us with his drafts.
            Did he ever!!
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post

Although I warmed somewhat to Graham's potential in the previous regime's 4-3, passing on Earl Thomas still irks me to no end. The 2010 trade with the Cowboys does too. They picked up LB Sean Lee with that pick.

Comment

And, speaking of Sean Lee... http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...hut-down-shady

Sean Lee and the Cowboys visited Lincoln Financial Field and were dominated by the Eagles, 34-7, and decimated by LeSean McCoy.
                McCoy ran for a career-high 185 yards on 30 carries and scored two touchdowns. A year later, the Cowboys returned to the Linc, held McCoy to 82 yards on 16 carries, and beat the Eagles by 15.
                But Lee didn't play; the Cowboys' middle linebacker was out for the season with a toe injury.
                "I remember the last time I came up here, two years ago, he went for 180, and he ran all over us," Lee said Sunday after the Cowboys' 17-3 victory. "I knew that this guy is an unbelievable player and an extreme challenge. So all week during practice, we worked on finding a way to stop him, and I think we did that."
                Sure did.
                The Cowboys muzzled McCoy, who after rushing 18 times for 55 yards and no scores called it one of his "worst performances since being a rookie" (see story). His longest rush was 10 yards, his shortest single-game long of the season.
                "We knew the first thing we wanted to do was shut him down," Lee said.

Comment

I don't think Dallas did anything extraordinary on Sunday. It's quite simple. Press #10 at the LOS and help with a safety over the top, and crash on McCoy. Force the rest of the guys to make plays. Once you shut down McCoy and Jackson, there ain't much left.

Comment

Which is why the Eagles should strongly consider trading for Gotdon or Nicks. Or as crazy as it may sound drafting Mike Evans if they can next May.
                    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                      Which is why the Eagles should strongly consider trading for Gotdon or Nicks. Or as crazy as it may sound drafting Mike Evans if they can next May.
                      The problem with moving on an offensive player at this point is that they need 7 or 8 starters on defense.

Comment

Disagree in the defense. They need a center fielder that doesn't get fooled and an athletic rusher. We can roll with the rest including what we have at the other 9 defensive positions.

The NFL is now a points first league. This teams needs a freakish WR that is open when he is not open.

Comment

I think I am with AW. The team does not have a single player that makes those around him better. Nobody demands double teaming or special scheming. There is not a single defensive player that creates concern from the opposition. That being said, you can win with a bunch of players, but they must buy into the system similar to what teams like NE have done pn offesne or like Reid did with WR for years. The issue is whether we want two studs on D or a bunch of better than average players. Unfortunately, we have neither at this point. We can pick up two players faster than we can replace 8.

Offensively, I still think we need a #1WR. Djax is a #2 receiver that can be taken out of the equation like this week and as we have seen in the past. I beleive Maclin is actually a steadier receiver, but is still not a #1. What cannot work is when your #2 is Riley damn Cooper and the cupboard is bare beyond Avant.

I would like to see a stud WR, a stud pass rusher and a Safety like we were accustomed to years ago.

Comment

Look at the best offenses in the league.

Denver
                            Dallas
                            New Orleans
                            New England
                            Green Bay
                            Seattle
                            Detroit
                            Cincy

They have one of 2 things. Either a stud QB or a dominant mismatch type of offensive player whose size and speed make him unguardable. Why does AP suck this year. Because the other team is not scared of getting beat 30 yards down the field.

We DON'T have a stud QB and probably will not draft high enough to get one this year so we need a freak WR.

Also... Look at the top defenses. One common trait... A great center fielder and edge pass rushers.

Chiefs... Berry and Hali
                            Seahawks ... Thomas and (gulp) Clemons

Last year
                            Ravens... Ed reef and Suggs
                            49ers... Goldson and Aldon Smith

We have above average talent at a lot of positions but we do not have a difference maker that has to be accounted for on either side of the ball.

Comment

I totally agree that the Eagles need impact players on defense. They really don't have any game changers on that side of the ball, and they haven't for quite some time. Guys like Kendricks, Cox, etc are serviceable starters going forward, but they need some impact guys. Boykin has flashed a bit, but they are really devoid of difference makers.

They might not need 7 or 8 starters if they can find a couple of impact players. I think Wolff has some potential. Fletcher is serviceable, etc. So, they do have some talent. They need a couple of pro-bowlers to throw into the mix.

Comment

Working...
                              X