Slightly (OT) Got To Help An Eagle Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slightly (OT) Got To Help An Eagle Fan

Had a pretty cool experience today and it helped me to help someone else. I work for Pennsy Supply here in south central PA. Today I was tasked with removing a rough brick sidewalk that connected to a narrow concrete sidewalk that we needed to widen to make it accessible for a wheelchair .Arrived to find an Eagle banner hanging on the front porch and while looking at the back of the house saw Eagle wallpaper and border in the room in the basement where this 42 year old gentleman lives.We quickly removed the bricks, dug and removed the soil and added blacktop ,backfilled the topsoil to match the blacktop and moved on down the road to our next job.
    A while later I started to receive thank you texts , the family and the 42 year old with only the use of his right hand was THRILLED because he can now on his own, exit his house,navigate the new sidewalk and go out into the neighborhood . To be so happy to be able to go 100 feet for the first time puts things into perspective.Pretty cool day guys.2 hours of work to bring joy to a fellow Birds fan. AWESOME,I hope I get the chance to have more of these days.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Phenomenal! That's gotta make you feel great, MM!
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Nice work! As I get older, I become more aware at blessings that I used to take for granted... But a reminder like this is always appreciated.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Nice to get rewards like that for your work!
        "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Good stuff MM, it all goes around in life. Well Done Lad!
          Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Great work mm! It's always nice to have reminders of how lucky we are. I know I'm guilty of bitching about stupid stuff that shouldn't ever be a concern. When you hear of someone who is happy just to be able to leave their home and go outside it puts things into perspective for you! Thanks for the reminder!
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Having a wife with MS I know the difficulties some people face in their daily lives. It taught me to help whenever you can so good job mm. I also like when sports teams, players, etc make a little effort to make someone feel good when they need it. It doesn't cost them much but the return is phenomenal.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
                Having a wife with MS I know the difficulties some people face in their daily lives. It taught me to help whenever you can so good job mm. I also like when sports teams, players, etc make a little effort to make someone feel good when they need it. It doesn't cost them much but the return is phenomenal.
                Well said NoDak!
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

MM,

You did a nice thing and made a difference in someone's life. In this fella's case, a very important difference. It gets my attention and moves me when I see a person treasure something I take for granted.

So I'm thinking he also did something for you. When someone's life circumstances or actions reminds us of how very fortunate most of us really are, I see that as a gift also to be treasured.

Comment

Working...
                  X