Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles Cut DeSean

Per ESPN, who cited NJ.com-reason was concern over possible gang ties

wtf? I guess we dont want to be JUST like the new england patriots.

Comment

And I hear they want him!
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...incart_m-rpt-1

DJ might not be a gang member but he sure as hell wants to portray himself as one. Good riddance.

Comment

THat's the problem. he didn't see the danger of just being a "poser". Well, it just cost him big time. I don't think Desean is dangerous, just stupid. Hope the rap career goes well, you little dummy!

* And I can't see the Patriots going after him. It's likley due to the Hernandez scandal that the little twit got cut. "THUG" doesn't play well in the NFL these days.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

As we all said if they cut him it had to something we didn't know about or that he just didn't fit Chips plan.... well it looks like it WAS something none of us knew about. Wow.

While this means something for the organization overall I guess---- it does weaken the team on the field--- I hope there is a plan in place to fix that hole.

Comment

MD, who DIDN"T know about Desean's ties to the LA gang scene? This is actually old news.

My guess is that they asked him to cease and decist in any contact with these gang bangers, and they found out that he hasn't cut those ties.
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                THat's the problem. he didn't see the danger of just being a "poser". Well, it just cost him big time. I don't think Desean is dangerous, just stupid. Hope the rap career goes well, you little dummy!

* And I can't see the Patriots going after him. It's likley due to the Hernandez scandal that the little twit got cut. "THUG" doesn't play well in the NFL these days.
                It must be nice to be young, rich and have the world at your feet.

But you still can't fix stupid.

Comment

Damn, it sure does hurt getting nothing for one of your star players

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                    MD, who DIDN"T know about Desean's ties to the LA gang scene? This is actually old news.

My guess is that they asked him to cease and decist in any contact with these gang bangers, and they found out that he hasn't cut those ties.
                    I admit it I didn't.

I knew he tried to play the hoodlum role -- I never knew about any tires to the Crips and or possible connected to murders.

Comment

Originally posted by pliny View Post
                      damn, it sure does hurt getting nothing for one of your star players
                      boom!

Comment

The no trade speaks volumes to what is known behind the scenes that is not public. The fact that no one would throw a very late round pick back to the Eagles (big contract and all) is a damning fact. DJax is an extremely talented football player and no one saw the value, not even the idiots in the league like the Raiders or Cowboys (although maybe they never considered any offers from within the division).

WR is now a very large BPA consideration in the draft.

Comment

Well, I guess where there is smoke, there is fire!

It is going to hurt, but we can survive without him. We still have a lot of options on offense and they can probably pick up someone through the draft.
                          "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

sends a clear message that they are serious about the type of player they want. Gang ties or not, IMO the disappearing act in the last game he played was a part of it too, along with not running good routes. Too bad, I wanted to see the O with all the parts.

So the cap hit is 6 mil this year ?
                            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Wonder how long this guy in NJ was holding this story back?

Comment

Working...
                              X