Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commishoner cuddles is pissing off players

Ryan Clark: Goodell hypocrisy exposed with Irsay

Washington Redskins safety Ryan Clark criticized commissioner Roger Goodell on Wednesday, saying the fact that he's yet to punish Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay "shows the hypocrisy of the NFL," ESPN reports.

"Right now, if Jim Irsay is going to represent this league, represent the Indianapolis Colts, going to be on TV at the owners meetings, trying to bring a Super Bowl to Indianapolis after what he's done? It shows the hypocrisy of the NFL and also Roger Goodell in the way that he deals with players and the way he deals for the people he works for," Clark said during an appearance as a guest analyst on ESPN's "First Take."

"He's always said, 'Well, I don't work for the owners.' That's not true. Because in the CBA negotiations, you were sitting with the owners."

Irsay was arrested March 16 for allegedly operating a vehicle while intoxicated. He had $29,000 in cash and bottles of prescription drugs in his vehicle at the time. The owner faces four felony counts of possession of a controlled substance.

Irsay appeared at the NFL owners meetings in Atlanta on Monday but declined to speak about the arrest or his stay at a rehabilitation facility.

Asked about the situation this week, Goodell said, "There have been no charges. So the answer is, until we have more information or more facts, we will let it play out."

"So when has having enough information been what Roger Goodell waits for to make these decisions?" Clark said on "First Take." "When does a charge necessarily warrant the penalty? We've seen in so many cases, Roger Goodell be judge and jury when it comes to players.

"So here we have Jim Irsay, a guy, an owner, who has history of substance abuse, who's found in a car with over $29K and prescription drugs that weren't in his name, pulled over for driving under the influence, and now we're saying we need more information? What more information do we need than these aren't your prescription pills? You're obviously under the influence. You have $29k. There would be no questions asked if this was a player."
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Phony. Hypocrite. Sycophant. Spineless Coward. Shameless Liar. Toady. Water Boy. Piece of Shit and my personal favorite, No Good Cocksucker!

These are the terms I associate with the name Roger Goodell.

Sadly, he's fairly young and presumably in good health, so he could remain the owner's lackey for some some time, all the while further damaging the NFL.

So, for the good of the game I'm hoping for one of the following: a single auto fatality; a drive by shooting (Marvin Harrison); a mugging resulting in a fatal stabbing (Ray Lewis); or Killed during the hijacking of his yacht by Somali pirates...but not before being ass raped by each of 17 pirates...twice.

Is that wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
      Phony. Hypocrite. Sycophant. Spineless Coward. Shameless Liar. Toady. Water Boy. Piece of Shit and my personal favorite, No Good Cocksucker!

These are the terms I associate with the name Roger Goodell.

Sadly, he's fairly young and presumably in good health, so he could remain the owner's lackey for some some time, all the while further damaging the NFL.

So, for the good of the game I'm hoping for one of the following: a single auto fatality; a drive by shooting (Marvin Harrison); a mugging resulting in a fatal stabbing (Ray Lewis); or Killed during the hijacking of his yacht by Somali pirates...but not before being ass raped by each of 17 pirates...twice.

Is that wrong?

Well tino, at least you stopped short of having the pirates castrate him and make him use his severed cock as bait to lure a shark to the boat -- followed by him being fed to the shark. I think that would be going too far.
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

How about the Theon Greyjoy treatment. Would that work?
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

OK I'll be "that" guy again.

First off let me say that Irsay should have been suspended from the jump. If nothing else he MASSIVELY made the NFL look bad. That's reason enough, but add in all the actual illegal stuff and it's worse.

Also let me add that I am no big fan of Goodell.

After saying all that --- What did anybody really expect to happen?

To think and say that the players and owners are equals is totally out there in fairy tale land.

He owes the owners not the players, he serves at the owners pleasure not the players. While the players are super rich, the owners are billionaires!

The owners as a group will decide what will happen, not Goodell. They will decide if their "brand" has been hurt enough that suspending him will help to regain anything they lost. Or they will fine him some big sum as a show of good faith. Or that might be much harsher if they feel the players need to be placated to some degree (do not buy that they care what the players "feel" or "think", only what they can do).

But whatever happens rest assured it will be the owners deciding and NOT their hire Goodell.

And we must get past this notion that somehow the players and owners are equals in this thing...................they aren't!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
            OK I'll be "that" guy again.

First off let me say that Irsay should have been suspended from the jump. If nothing else he MASSIVELY made the NFL look bad. That's reason enough, but add in all the actual illegal stuff and it's worse.

Also let me add that I am no big fan of Goodell.

After saying all that --- What did anybody really expect to happen?

To think and say that the players and owners are equals is totally out there in fairy tale land.

He owes the owners not the players, he serves at the owners pleasure not the players. While the players are super rich, the owners are billionaires!

The owners as a group will decide what will happen, not Goodell. They will decide if their "brand" has been hurt enough that suspending him will help to regain anything they lost. Or they will fine him some big sum as a show of good faith. Or that might be much harsher if they feel the players need to be placated to some degree (do not buy that they care what the players "feel" or "think", only what they can do).

But whatever happens rest assured it will be the owners deciding and NOT their hire Goodell.

And we must get past this notion that somehow the players and owners are equals in this thing...................they aren't!
            O, I agree MD. But that Irsay is a huge POS.

Comment

I also agree md but, IF, players are suspended and fined and whatever for tarnishing the image how in the world can an owner not get similar treatment for tarnishing the brand. Someone on the Colts, apologize that I can't come up with the name off the top of my head, is facing a four game suspension for a crime less than Irsay.

I understand do as I say not as I do and I understand boss versus employee but I also understand right is right and wrong is wrong. Goodell dancing around this is wrong.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Goodell's paycheck last year was north of $30 million and he clearly wants to continue to bring home the fat checks (and a few fat chicks as wells!) If he took a hardline with Irsay the other owners (even if they agreed with the punishment) would take notice and want to make sure he knew who was really in charge. He's not stupid. He is however a douche bag so this is both the smart and scummy thing to do. How could he possibly do anything else?
                Last edited by Jukin; 05-23-2014, 04:17 PM.
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
                  I also agree md but, IF, players are suspended and fined and whatever for tarnishing the image how in the world can an owner not get similar treatment for tarnishing the brand. Someone on the Colts, apologize that I can't come up with the name off the top of my head, is facing a four game suspension for a crime less than Irsay.

I understand do as I say not as I do and I understand boss versus employee but I also understand right is right and wrong is wrong. Goodell dancing around this is wrong.
                  ND, you're right ---- but we are talking about BILLIONAIRES here. Right and wrong and good and bad and fair is fair are ALL way down the list of importance for "most" of those guys.

Comment

ND, you're right ---- but we are talking about BILLIONAIRES here. Right and wrong and good and bad and fair is fair are ALL way down the list of importance for "most" of those guys.
                    One would think that the owner of an NFL franchise would be held to a higher standard than a 22 year old kid, but that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      One would think that the owner of an NFL franchise would be held to a higher standard than a 22 year old kid, but that's just me.
                      Not sure why you think that 60? Maybe in a perfect world..... But we ain't got that!

Seriously, in all of history, money, power and position mostly determine the "what is fair" policies that men have always lived by.

Comment

Not sure why you think that 60? Maybe in a perfect world..... But we ain't got that!

Seriously, in all of history, money, power and position mostly determine the "what is fair" policies that men have always lived by.
                        Let's face it Bud, Money talks! A different set of rules for those folks. Amazing that they are getting rid of the Clipper's owner when you think of it.

Comment

Working...
                        X