Lane Johnson Suspended 4 Games for PEDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
    But don't you actually have to be suspended first BEFORE you appeal? What would he be appealing if the league has no record of him being suspended? I'm going on record as saying this is really weird.
    The league may want the appeals process to finish before they have any announcement of a suspension. The leak seemed to be that he had failed a test, which presumably will lead to a suspension but technically maybe no suspension had been levied yet. That would let the league respond that they had "no record" of a suspension, since there isn't one yet, but it may still be coming.

Still seems odd, but the lack of any denials seems to indicate there is some sort of process ongoing, rather than the original leak being an outright mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
      The league may want the appeals process to finish before they have any announcement of a suspension. The leak seemed to be that he had failed a test, which presumably will lead to a suspension but technically maybe no suspension had been levied yet. That would let the league respond that they had "no record" of a suspension, since there isn't one yet, but it may still be coming.

Still seems odd, but the lack of any denials seems to indicate there is some sort of process ongoing, rather than the original leak being an outright mistake.
      Concur. This is pretty much what I was angling at. Contrast this with the relatively decisive manner in which the Watson and Dion Jordan announcements were delivered....and now, Washington's Tanard Jackson (again).

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
        Concur. This is pretty much what I was angling at. Contrast this with the relatively decisive manner in which the Watson and Dion Jordan announcements were delivered....and now, Washington's Tanard Jackson (again).
        I sure hope that you're onto something here TP!
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Yeah, we don't need to get off to that sort of start this season. Please........
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Wow, Still Waitin!

Comment

Working...
            X