X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety Kovacs to PS

Les Bowen @LesBowen
    Follow
    #Eagles add safety Jordan Kovacs to the practice squad, bid adieu to practice squad WR Cobi Hamilton.

This is an interesting move for a couple of reasons.

First, Earl Wolff did not play one snap on defense on Sunday. The Eagles had a huge lead and played a ton of pass defense. They didn’t use Wolff in any package. He did get 19 snaps on STs so he was healthy enough to suit up and go block/tackle. Maybe I’m making something out of nothing, but you wonder if the Eagles are souring on Wolff. He is a solid player, but nothing special. And he’s been brittle.

Kovacs, 5-11, 205, is just on the practice squad so this move may simply be about taking a look at a young DB.

Malcolm Jenkins is a good starting FS. Nate Allen is a functional starter who has some good moments and some bad ones. I think the Eagles really hoped Wolff would push him this year, but that’s not come close to happening. The Eagles have Ed Reynolds on the practice squad, but he’s probably still not ready to do anything. Kovacs played in 9 games last year for the Dolphins. He was just a role player, but at least has been on the field in a game and has a couple of Training Camps under his belt. The Eagles can watch Kovacs in practice for a couple of weeks and decide if he might be worth putting on the roster. Or, as I said, maybe he’s just a young guy to check out.

I’m still curious about Wolff and his situation.

The other reason the Kovacs move was interesting…I thought about him while watching Michigan play on Saturday. He was a likable overachiever at Michigan, even to a Penn State fan like me. While watching the Wolverines struggle vs Rutgers, I suddenly wondered whatever happened to Kovacs. I meant to look it up, but was so caught up in the great day of college football that I never got around to that.

Today the Eagles helped me find out what had become of Kovacs. Nice of them.

There is still one opening on the practice squad to be filled.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Is Maragos that bad that he doesn't even get a sniff at defense? Hard to believe.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Wolff is another guy I had high hopes for (and still do). Second and third year is when these guys have to step up and it doesn't look like some want to do that.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Working...
      X