Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man, I just want to kick the crap out of Tenn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, I just want to kick the crap out of Tenn!

Especially after the bastards I was dealing with reneged on buying my 4 Plex. I guess a man's handshake ain't what it used to be.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Sorry Mike..... but you gotta believe that the handshake deal went out along with the land line!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
      Sorry Mike..... but you gotta believe that the handshake deal went out along with the land line!
      It goes deeper than that Bob. I took two units off the market for two months and agreed to a lead paint test opening up myself to all kinds of shit. I even agreed to put 3 grand in escarole in case they had to evict one of my existing tenants. Even agreed to lower the price 10K because the guy is a broker and would handle it no charge for his sons. Now after inspection they want another 5K for problems THAT I POINTED OUT TO THEM before the purchase and sale agreement plus a bunch of other repairs. Of course I pointed out any concerns because I have to live in this town for the rest of my life and what else does a man have without his good word?They can go screw themselves. Of course I was on crutches while negotiating this deal and I'm real easy going as you know so now they think they have a pushover I guess. And these guys approached me in the first place to buy it. I'm pissed!

Rant over, let's kick the crap out of Tennessee!

Comment

Maybe you should have tried escrow rather than soup......

I understand Mike, but even in NE business isn't done on handshakes and verbal promises. The whole world has changed. Fair isn't the goal anymore it's what is the best I can get for myself. Just the way it is.

Just as Players only(95% of the time) care about the $$$$$$$.... it is the way of the world now. (90% of the time)

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
          Maybe you should have tried escrow rather than soup......

I understand Mike, but even in NE business isn't done on handshakes and verbal promises. The whole world has changed. Fair isn't the goal anymore it's what is the best I can get for myself. Just the way it is.

Just as Players only(95% of the time) care about the $$$$$$$.... it is the way of the world now. (90% of the time)
          My wife gave me the same lecture. "You're too trusting and honest". I guess that you both are right. What pisses me off is that all these negotiations were over lunches. My lawyer always says "don't say anything because you'll get yourself in trouble". What a world.

Comment

Working...
          X