No announcement yet.

How's everone making out with the snoe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's everone making out with the snoe?

We're doing better than forecasted in that we're right on the edge and it will stop by noon. Only 7" of powder. Maybe a little sleet later though.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

we got about 6" of wet snow and it is disappearing by the minute. Hope we skate through the next one too.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
      we got about 6" of wet snow and it is disappearing by the minute. Hope we skate through the next one too.
      Wet shit is the worst Bud. I hope it doesn't freeze. I've got to sneak out and do the driveway while the bride isn't looking.

Comment

took the family out for breakfast and came home to find that my brother plowed the drive for me. I need to do the mailbox and the parking area along the street, but I'm letting it melt down first. My snowblower is not running, gotta get it fixed before we have a big one.
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Just got done and cleaned up. All that I did was snowplow for a half hour. About 15 minutes in I knew it was a mistake but I finished anyway. I'm pretty pooped, and the leg is a little sore but I'm fine. I guess maybe I'll line up a plow for the rest of the winter. Damn! I hate not doing it myself!

Comment

found a willing shoveler for you 60

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
              found a willing shoveler for you 60

OK, I'll give in. Send her over.

Comment

i'm so close to being out in the california sunshine and this crappy storm hits.

I am in Miami next week so that should be fun

Comment

We have over a foot on the ground from previous snows but no additional snow here in Central NY from Iola. In fact the last 2 days in the high 20s have been 2 of the milder days in the last couple weeks.

That said, the snow that came with Iola and will come with Monday's storm just to our south keeps delaying our departure for Florida. We have taken the kitten for some lengthy (2 hours) trial runs in her crate and she has done well.

MM, the electric start on my snow blower is not working so I've been doing a lot of shoveling of walk ways. Normally we're long gone by mid December and I have the driveway plowed, so it's only our walk and my neighbor's (an elderly widow) that I clear. Snow blowers are great when they work...and they always make Snow Men smile.(heh heh)

Comment

After a pretty tame winter here it comes! 7 inches yesterday and a blizzard coming in Tuesday! So today turns into grocery day and trying to lineup a plow guy. Hey MM, what's your brother up to?

Comment

He's plowing day and night as long as the snow is falling. They are calling for 1-3 tonight, 1-3 tomorrow and 1-3 tomorrow night. Using my 51 years of meteorological skills , I am guessing we don't get shit or we get buried up to our nut sacks.

Comment

Get ready for

BOMBOGENESIS!!!

That's the new term that they just came up with for one of our big time nor'esterners. For those of you that give a shit, what happens is a low pressure area sits to our south and a high to our north and the storm just circles counterclockwise for a day or too dumping a couple feet of snow along with high winds just for extra fun. Personally I think they should change it to something more relevant and understandable like "Popper's porked again".

Comment

tino, I have a plow for most stuff but I use my electric start snow blower for this and that. When I checked it this fall it didn't start. I am not terribly mechanical but figured it was the starter (which I later found out was quite normal for these starters). A friend told me there was video on youtube (donyboy73) that showed how easy it is to replace. I checked it out, ordered a starter and changed it with no problem. If you don't want to do it yourself it shouldn't be expensive.
                          Of course Florida is a better option.
                          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

Sorry to hear you fellas are getting beat up but this has been a great winter. Never more than tow-three inches and then it melts. Been in the 40s all week but rain turned to snow last night so we have about an inch on the ground. Now they say it may drop to zero next week.
                            Come on April
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
                              Sorry to hear you fellas are getting beat up but this has been a great winter. Never more than tow-three inches and then it melts. Been in the 40s all week but rain turned to snow last night so we have about an inch on the ground. Now they say it may drop to zero next week.
                              Come on April
                              It sounds like the dreaded "polar vortex" is headed your way ND. Bundle up Bud!

Comment

Working...
                              X