Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst place to play?

Mother of Dolphins draftee DeVante Parker rips Browns

DeVante Parker's mom made it clear she didn't want her son playing for the Browns Friday in an interview with the Miami Herald, Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.

"We didn't want him going to Cleveland," Raneca Parker said Friday, a day after the Dolphins selected Parker No. 14 overall. "They don't have a team, really, or a quarterback. I knew I didn't want the Cleveland Browns.

"I know the teams the teams he could go to and the teams he couldn't go to. We were happy with the Miami Dolphins. He was very ecstatic. We're happy, we love the weather."

The Browns passed on Parker at No. 12, selecting Washington nosetackle Danny Shelton instead.

A league source said the Browns had no idea Parker's mom didn't want him to play for them when they passed on him.

The Vikings, who have Parker's former Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater as their starter, also passed on him at No. 11.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

QB is a HUGE issue for them. Can't see any WR seeing it as an appealing place until that is fixed

Comment

All that I know is that anytime they are in the news it isn't good.

Comment

True or not, that is a pretty rude comment coming from a parent whose son is a 1st round draft pick.

Anytime a parent speaks out like this I think of the Lindros family and how they meddled with Eric's career here. This has to raise a red flag with the Dolphins also.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
          True or not, that is a pretty rude comment coming from a parent whose son is a 1st round draft pick.

Anytime a parent speaks out like this I think of the Lindros family and how they meddled with Eric's career here. This has to raise a red flag with the Dolphins also.
          Maybe, but this kid's talent can't compare to Lindros'.

Comment

Working...
          X