No announcement yet.

The Birds should go with two QBs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should hire Tebow as team Chaplain for 500,000 a year and if they need him, he's close by.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by 12dickau4pres View Post
      Who was the running back last year that everyone was high on that we just couldn't get rid of? Was it Josey?

I think he went to Jacksonville, where they decided to keep the Michigan QB to play running back instead.

Running backs fall out of trees

Now if we want to talk Rasheed bailey vs Cooper/Austin - that's another thing.
      Agreed. It seems like just about every team every year has an UDFA 4th or 5th string running back that their fans fall in love with, after the player runs circles around other guys who will never play in the NFL, and then are shocked that the team cuts them.

I don't think good RB's fall out of trees, but I do think we (myself included) often have trouble keeping things in perspective when we're watching guys succeed against the 3rd, 4th and 5th string players in pre-season games when no one is game planning.

Comment

Not shocked that Mostert was cut, and didn't fall in love with his playing any particular group....... But you could just see he had something special, imho.
        I don't think it had anything to do with some emotional connection.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
          Not shocked that Mostert was cut, and didn't fall in love with his playing any particular group....... But you could just see he had something special, imho.
          I don't think it had anything to do with some emotional connection.
          Well we sure could have used him before Westbrook showed up and we had some guy running around who finally went to Hollywood to become an actor (can't remember but he sucked). Timing is everything I guess.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
          X