Eagles get Doral Green Beckham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
    They gave up Dennis Kelly to take a flyer on him. I'm sorry, it's not poor football sense. Hell, just getting Kelly off the team is an upgrade, regardless of what happens with Beckham.
    I like the move too. I think it's going to be tough on Doug to turn him around though. I think the biggest problem that these stiff wrs have (other than absolutely suckage) is that there is nobody around to threaten any of these stiffs other than PT. If you really want to send a message to Huff and Agholor start PT Thursday. Why does this franchise continue to embrace inferior play? These receivers are far too complacent. Wake up Doug!!!
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Bringing in a raft of whackadoos doesn't make good football sense. Or any OTHER kind of sense. One or two, you an managethem with good team leadership. But....We have no team leadership on the offensive side of the ball. An oft injured, underachieving short_ timer at Qb? Yeah, that works.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
        Bringing in a raft of whackadoos doesn't make good football sense. Or any OTHER kind of sense. One or two, you an managethem with good team leadership. But....We have no team leadership on the offensive side of the ball. An oft injured, underachieving short_ timer at Qb? Yeah, that works.
        Maybe Fred Flintstone gets through to one or two of them. Who knows? If they don't work out, they cut their asses and they don't really lose anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
          Maybe Fred Flintstone gets through to one or two of them. Who knows? If they don't work out, they cut their asses and they don't really lose anything.
          I guess that you're right as only a couple of them will make the team. If this new guy ends up being our best receiver lookout though LOL!

Comment

Its not all on Doug here. The Eagles have assembled a veteran coaching staff that is full of past players like Greg Lewis, Duce Staley, Eugene Chung, Frank Reich etc. They are banking on this staff to get through to some of these guys. Like I have said in another post, none of them were high draft picks. Aside from Bradham none of them were expensive free agency signings and even Bradham really wasn't that expensive.

In other words as my dad used to say if you throw enough shit against the wall some is bound to stick. I have no problem with the strategy. They are in this position because they have drafted so poorly the last few years. Maybe that is because they wanted Choir Boys who are talented but maybe lack the stones to really play the game.
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I do agree as far as Beckham goes. We gave up squat for him, so little risk there. Making a habit of bringing these guys in via the trade, free agency or worse via draft is not a habit I want to get into, tho.
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                Its not all on Doug here. The Eagles have assembled a veteran coaching staff that is full of past players like Greg Lewis, Duce Staley, Eugene Chung, Frank Reich etc. They are banking on this staff to get through to some of these guys. Like I have said in another post, none of them were high draft picks. Aside from Bradham none of them were expensive free agency signings and even Bradham really wasn't that expensive.

In other words as my dad used to say if you throw enough shit against the wall some is bound to stick. I have no problem with the strategy. They are in this position because they have drafted so poorly the last few years. Maybe that is because they wanted Choir Boys who are talented but maybe lack the stones to really play the game.
                I think with DGB it's going to end up the old "you can lead a horse to water" thing.

Comment

This is really simple and most get it--- this is simple potential high reward for virtually no cost. Rather see this than watch them try and spend more time and money on Kelly turning out better then a matador.

Comment

I would argue that even if DGB is a disaster at the least we get rid of Dennis Kelly because we knew he couldn't play.
                    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                      I would argue that even if DGB is a disaster at the least we get rid of Dennis Kelly because we knew he couldn't play.
                      That's the smartest thing that I've heard today AW. One less stiff to get our QBs killed.

Comment

Getting rid of the simply awful Kelly was a good move for a couple reasons. Most importantly, as I think Nodak pointed out, even with 3 years of coaching and playing experience, he had peaked out at 'awful'.

But Kelly was more than just an embarrassment, a waste of a roster spot, and a flat out danger to whoever was at QB. IMO, his continued presence on the roster after 3 years sent a not so subtle message to teammates and fans alike...No team that is genuinely serious about contending would allow such a proven incompetent to remain.

As to bringing sketchy in guys, I've got no problem with taking calculated risks with talented players who have one or 2 minor problems in their past or with talented guys who may have stepped deeper into shit but who impress as actually recognizing and taking responsibility for their foul ups.

I'm not at all supportive of the 'Jerry Jones blind wishful thinking approach' that says, talent in areas of need trumps everything else. That we as a 'special' organization can correct/manage/cover for talented guys who are also probably real assholes as human beings.

In my experience, the chronic turds for whom the light does not come on until it's too late far outnumber the immature knuckle heads who somehow 'get it' while they're still young enough change the course of their life.

Comment

The difficulty for them now is they have major car problems but have no time to work on it and no parts to fix it with. So they have to patch it with duct tape and hose clamps hoping they can get to the end by driving 20 mph.
                          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

“Big, tall, strong, physical receiver. He can make plays,” Pederson said. “There's not a ton of current game film on him, so we had to kind of dive back into his history a little bit of watching some (college) games. We really liked him and were intrigued with him; obviously his size and speed. We look forward to getting him in here and getting him going"
                            See this kind of scares me. If you go back to Agholor's college tape you thing he is king studly.
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                              I noticed Kelly looks a bit like Danny McBride the actor, but McBride has more upside as an O lineman

We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
                                “Big, tall, strong, physical receiver. He can make plays,” Pederson said. “There's not a ton of current game film on him, so we had to kind of dive back into his history a little bit of watching some (college) games. We really liked him and were intrigued with him; obviously his size and speed. We look forward to getting him in here and getting him going"
                                See this kind of scares me. If you go back to Agholor's college tape you thing he is king studly.
                                LOL! Didn't the ferret say that he was explosive and that there were now no character flaws? Where did that come from?

Comment

Working...
                                X