No announcement yet.

The "Is anyone still paying attention?" GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the bigger kid. Watson. Great body lean and runs angry.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

If you can lead the nation in rushing, you have some skill, I like him too. Sanchez being Sanchez. HAhaha
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

240 pound guys tend to get yards when they get a running start
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

A win is a win. One of these days we will get back on top. Gotta hope the Cowboys get upset and the Eagles win the offseason and draft.

Comment

I hope they get destroyed in their first game

Comment

Hope nobody takes this for more than what it was...... An exhibition game.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                The more I see of Wentz, the more I question whether he will be all that after all. His ceiling may be that of an adequate or good QB, not a star QB who can carry a team. Gonna have to hope for a BIG leap in year two for him as a consistent passer.
                I think you're underestimating just how inexperienced he is. That graphic they showed during today's game says it all. He has now thrown about the same # of passes for the Eagles THIS YEAR as he did in his entire 4 year career at NDSU. That's unreal. He has thrown far fewer passes than just about all 1st round pick QB's ever. So he has a ton of catching up to do that he just hasn't seen before, and adjustments to mechanics that he's never had to make before. In hindsight it was incredibly smart to start playing him right away. He needed all of these reps badly. That he did as well as he did shows a ton of potential to me. That he has thrown a bunch of bad passes shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, and shouldn't be much of a concern either.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                  Hope nobody takes this for more than what it was...... An exhibition game.
                  LOL! I was thinking the same thing until they started running all over us with their starters. Then I really got pissed off.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                    I think you're underestimating just how inexperienced he is. That graphic they showed during today's game says it all. He has now thrown about the same # of passes for the Eagles THIS YEAR as he did in his entire 4 year career at NDSU. That's unreal. He has thrown far fewer passes than just about all 1st round pick QB's ever. So he has a ton of catching up to do that he just hasn't seen before, and adjustments to mechanics that he's never had to make before. In hindsight it was incredibly smart to start playing him right away. He needed all of these reps badly. That he did as well as he did shows a ton of potential to me. That he has thrown a bunch of bad passes shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, and shouldn't be much of a concern either.
                    Totally agree..... Wentz is the 53rd biggest problem with this team.

Yup Dak had a much better year...... But maybe the leagues best OL, the league rushing champ, and Whiten, Beasly and bizarro Dez to throw to.

No, the only thing I worry about with Wentz is his staying alive behind that O L.

Comment

I may be in a minority, but I think our OL is fine. We have 2 good tackles in Johnson and Peters and a decent interior. We also have some depth with Big V and Semeulo. Johnson's suspension and injuries obviously affected OL play, but OL is not close to our biggest weakness. You need run/pass balance and better skill people to keep the pass rush at bay.
                      Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                      Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
                        I may be in a minority, but I think our OL is fine. We have 2 good tackles in Johnson and Peters and a decent interior. We also have some depth with Big V and Semeulo. Johnson's suspension and injuries obviously affected OL play, but OL is not close to our biggest weakness. You need run/pass balance and better skill people to keep the pass rush at bay.
                        You're not in the minority. The OL is solid. Not great but solid. We were 5-1 with Lane playing and the one loss was by a single point on a Ryan Mathews fumble.
                        I think Peters is overrated and I would be fine with either drafting a RT or looking for one in FA. Then we can move Lane to LT and move on from Peters.
                        It's not like we haven't been addressing the OL. We drafted OL with 2 of our 3 first picks last year and signed Brooks.
                        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
                          No you are not in the minority, I am.

I think the OL has too many IF's in it to be anything better than average, and IMO we need more than that to keep Wentz healthy.

Peters is and IF for every game, Barbre has a "condition" that may or may not allow him to play, Johnson may or may not get caught doing something stupid again, Kelce needs to be replaced for pass pro and power running.... Many want to call that "solid" or good enough, I don't, I think there are too many if's.

Comment

To say that we are fine at OL is looking past the obvious. Peters is going to be 35 next season. The interior of our line is mediocre at best. Johnson is the only player who is likely to be solid for the future, and he is one PED away from banishment. We need to get away from patchwork solutions and add a talented OT, G and C. Winning begins at the LOS.
                            "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Lol, you guys are just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Yes we need OL. We also desperately need wr, cb, and also additions at RB and LB. We are not going to compete for a title until we address most of these areas. Where we go first, and whether is is thru FA or the draft doesn't matter. Let's just hope this new cat from Baltimore can judge some horse flesh and get us headed back in the right directiom.
                              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Lol, you guys are just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic

There you go; that is how I see it. I also think the OL is okay in that it is average. I am all for finding a new tackle that can play guard right now because both Peters and Johnson are really good tackles--they just are not dependable for next year (Peters for age/Johnson for brains). IF they want to move on from Peters and get a tackle that is great but I just don't they are going to move on from a future HoF guy and they sure aren't moving on from Johnson. My GUESS is they stay with the guys they have this year because both big V and Barbre showed they can handle tackle in a limited role and maybe take a flyer on a T late. As for guard and center, I am all for finding an upgrade and I believe they will try to upgrade center as their target and guard with whatever they can draft or afford.
                                The line that they work out will get them through next year but it will be a work in progress if they want to build a Dallas type OL.
                                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                                Hope is not a strategy
                                RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X