Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mills

If Mills can step up and become a number one corner he will be one of the best seventh round picks in birds history.
    The birds seem to be set with good competition at every position but I don't see as much at corner. Not saying they don't have players competing but the likes of CJ Smith and Grymes don't look like stars in the making; more like good depth. Maybe Jones and Douglas become stars but the birds really need Mills to be a starting caliber player
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

I'm stoked that the Birds brought in top quality receivers, I mean how good can a CB get going against last years receivers everyday.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Did he have some off field issues that caused him to drop?

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
        Yeah, there was something going on with him at LSU if I remember right. I just hope that he turns into a decent corner.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Guess I don't know of issues. For a 7th rd pick he got a lot of PT. He certainly made some rookie mistakes but he showed balls and willingness to accept the challenge. Year one to two is big and with Jones hurt he will get plenty of opportunity again this year to show he is legit. Being an ND guy I am hoping Smith continues to improve and make the team but I think his ceiling is low
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Two things.

One, he broke his leg ad didn't come back until half through his senior year and two, he was accused of sexual assault but the girl recanted her story.

I'm going to chalk up last year to still getting his strength back and not being ready for the NFL BUT eagles lack of depth made them play him.

Crossing fingers for a better sophomore season.

Comment

There were a lot of character concerns that scared teams off, the alleged sexual assault issue being one of them. He was thought to be a late 2nd or 3rd round pick without the character concerns and without the leg injury. The big story with the Eagles selecting him was that the Eagles had to take risks on players like him, hoping to get day 2 value with day 3 picks because of all of the picks they traded to get Wentz. So that's why I'm holding out hope for Mills. He had the pedigree. He was only a "7th round pick" because of the character concerns and the leg injury which is no longer an issue.

Comment

Working...
              X