Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Need a Kicker

Sturgis out for " several weeks" with a quad strain
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Originally posted by musicman View Post
    Sturgis out for " several weeks" with a quad strain
    Well that's just friekin great. They have to cut somebody now if they want to keep Sturgis while they bring somebody in. Maybe Pumphrey is good for something after all.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

anyone pick up Parkey ?
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

anyone pick up Parkey ?

Yeah! This dolly. Several times.

Comment

I imagine we will have a new kicker in here this week. Sturgis will go on the IR with the designation to return.
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Maybe Simmoneau is available?

Comment

Novak, Nugget and Parkey among the kickers we will be looking at.
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Novak would be my first choice.
                Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

You can only have 2 players return from IR. I don't think that you want to use them all up in week 1 do you?

Comment

They could put Darby on IR to return to get the roster spot for a new kicker. Then just make Sturgis inactive until he gets back. We had seven inactive players, and will need to make Douglas/McDougle/both active anyways. That would use just one of the designations.

The big question is how long Darby is realistically out. It's a minimum of 8 games when you are on IR. If Darby is truly ready in a month, you may not want to take that 4 game hit. But if it's really going to be more like six, and perhaps should be a bit longer to be safe, then IR may make sense to make sure you aren't tempted to bring him back early. I think the 8 games would also get to the bye week, giving another week of recovery.

Comment

anyone pick up Parkey ?
                      Parkey was cut by the Browns when they cut down to 53, but was picked up on waivers by the Dolphins. So Parkey isn't available.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                        Novak, Nugget and Parkey among the kickers we will be looking at.
                        Parkey was cut by the Browns when they cut down to 53, but was picked up on waivers by the Dolphins. So Parkey isn't available.

Comment

I think we end up with Mike Nugent. That would be a nice safe choice right now. Career 80% kicker and he has been very consistent at that pace.

Note: He did miss 6 of 29 extra points with cincy, which is why he was cut. His leg is not the strongest either these days. But, I would probably rather have a guy with experience at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                            I think we end up with Mike Nugent. That would be a nice safe choice right now. Career 80% kicker and he has been very consistent at that pace.

Note: He did miss 6 of 29 extra points with cincy, which is why he was cut. His leg is not the strongest either these days. But, I would probably rather have a guy with experience at this point.
                            I think that he's all done pliny. He's pretty much nutless anyway. He had it going for awhile until he pussyed out over the longer extra points. Instead of embracing it because it made kickers even more valuable he fought it. He went from a Pro Bowl kicker to psyching himself out of the league over it. Don't want him. I don't know where we're going to find one either.

Comment

I don't have a whole lot of faith in Sturgis to begin with. If roster spots weren't so valuable, I'd look around and see if maybe some team has got a prospect stashed away on their practice squad that might develop.

Comment

Working...
                              X