Injuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injuries

Be curious to hear what Doug has to say today. The birds have a thin team anyway so gotta hope that none of these injuries will keep players out or linger all year.
    On a side note Sam Bradford didn't play again yesterday. Another reason to appreciate Wentz. Bradford just has a hard time staying on the field every year
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

I am really nervous about the injury reports today. Cox is probably our most important player on D. Hicks may be the 2nd.

Of course, losing Sproles is also going to really hurt, especially for punt returns. He has sure hands and is such a threat when there is any room at all to run. I have a feeling Sproles replacement in the return game is going to cost us down the road.

This defense has so much potential. We just need to get healthy again. The only good news is that none of these injuries on defense, including Darby, seem to be season ending. We may have seen the last of Sproles though, which is really sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
      Of course, losing Sproles is also going to really hurt, especially for punt returns. He has sure hands and is such a threat when there is any room at all to run. I have a feeling Sproles replacement in the return game is going to cost us down the road.
      I was really nervous with Torrey Smith back there on punt return. Why is our receiver with the worst hands our back up punt returner? I could have easily seen him muff the punt setting the Giants up for the game winning FG. I was so happy that when that punt went out of bounds.
      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Dammit. Adam Schefter just tweeted that Sproles has both a broken arm and a torn ACL. This is going to hurt.

Comment

At least we have a good replacement for Hicks. There is nothing for Cox and McLeod. And Sproles!!! Shit!

The bright spot was Clemets yesterday and Smallwood's blocking. Really all of the RBs. I thought that they missed a couple of holes but damn 193 yards!
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
            I was really nervous with Torrey Smith back there on punt return. Why is our receiver with the worst hands our back up punt returner? I could have easily seen him muff the punt setting the Giants up for the game winning FG. I was so happy that when that punt went out of bounds.
            This goes back to his Balto days... But as I recall ( questionable) Smith was a great return guy.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
              This goes back to his Balto days... But as I recall ( questionable) Smith was a great return guy.
              Are you sure you're not thinking of Jacoby Jones?
              Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Aggy has returned kicks before
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Shelton Gibson was a good returner in college. I wonder if he doesn't get a chance back there.
                  Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                    Shelton Gibson was a good returner in college. I wonder if he doesn't get a chance back there.
                    I'd hate to go with a rookie with shaky hands to tell you the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                      Are you sure you're not thinking of Jacoby Jones?
                      Haven't checked but you are probably correct.

Comment

any word at all on the other injuries? Cox? Hicks?

Comment

Not looking good

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                          any word at all on the other injuries? Cox? Hicks?
                          Eagles Injury Updates: Latest on Fletcher Cox, Jordan Hicks, more

The Eagles need to get healthy.
                          by Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton Sep 25, 2017, 3:56pm EDT

Here’s a few updates on the Philadelphia Eagles injury situation as they prepare to play the Los Angeles Chargers this week. (It’s very hard to not write San Diego.)

We’ll have more information on the injury situation when the Eagles release their first official injury report for Week 4 on Wednesday.

Fletcher Cox
                          Cox left the Eagles-Giants game early and limped to the locker room with a calf injury. Doug Pederson said Cox is “day-to-day” but Les Bowen reports he “would not expect Cox to be ready to play in LA this week.” If true, that’s obviously a significant loss for the Eagles defense. Philly has some nice depth at defensive tackle, but Cox is a beast.

Jordan Hicks
                          Hicks left the Eagles-Giants game with an ankle injury and did not return. After the win, he was seen with his ankle wrapped but he said he’s going to be OK. Like Cox, Pederson described Hicks as day-to-day.

Darren Sproles
                          Pederson confirmed Sproles suffered a torn ACL and a broken arm. Out for the season. Just terrible news. Sproles will likely be placed on injured reserve this week, which frees up a roster spot. Maybe Byron Marshall gets called up from the practice squad.

Rodney McLeod
                          McLeod was ruled out for Sunday’s Eagles-Giants game after being a game-time decision. Doug Pederson, Jim Schwartz, Howie Roseman, Joe Douglas, and Eagles trainers all watched his warmup session but ultimately he didn’t play. When asked if he’ll play this week via a Monday interview on SportsRadio 94WIP, McLeod said: “I think I will.”

The Eagles were down to their fourth string safety (Chris Maragos) against the Giants. Getting McLeod back would be ideal.

Ronald Darby
                          It’s been two weeks since Darby suffered an injury that was supposed to have a four-to-six week recovery. So if the original timeline holds true, that means Darby is only two to four weeks away from returning. There is thought it might be closer to four (or longer).

Sidney Jones
                          To be clear, there’s been no real update on Jones. I just wanted to point out there are only three more weeks where he’s definitely out. He’s eligible to start practicing as soon as Week 7, though it’s unclear if he will. For more information on Jones’ situation, click here.

Cox being out changes EVERYTHING on defense!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                            Eagles Injury Updates: Latest on Fletcher Cox, Jordan Hicks, more

The Eagles need to get healthy.
                            by Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton Sep 25, 2017, 3:56pm EDT

Here’s a few updates on the Philadelphia Eagles injury situation as they prepare to play the Los Angeles Chargers this week. (It’s very hard to not write San Diego.)

We’ll have more information on the injury situation when the Eagles release their first official injury report for Week 4 on Wednesday.

Fletcher Cox
                            Cox left the Eagles-Giants game early and limped to the locker room with a calf injury. Doug Pederson said Cox is “day-to-day” but Les Bowen reports he “would not expect Cox to be ready to play in LA this week.” If true, that’s obviously a significant loss for the Eagles defense. Philly has some nice depth at defensive tackle, but Cox is a beast.

Jordan Hicks
                            Hicks left the Eagles-Giants game with an ankle injury and did not return. After the win, he was seen with his ankle wrapped but he said he’s going to be OK. Like Cox, Pederson described Hicks as day-to-day.

Darren Sproles
                            Pederson confirmed Sproles suffered a torn ACL and a broken arm. Out for the season. Just terrible news. Sproles will likely be placed on injured reserve this week, which frees up a roster spot. Maybe Byron Marshall gets called up from the practice squad.

Rodney McLeod
                            McLeod was ruled out for Sunday’s Eagles-Giants game after being a game-time decision. Doug Pederson, Jim Schwartz, Howie Roseman, Joe Douglas, and Eagles trainers all watched his warmup session but ultimately he didn’t play. When asked if he’ll play this week via a Monday interview on SportsRadio 94WIP, McLeod said: “I think I will.”

The Eagles were down to their fourth string safety (Chris Maragos) against the Giants. Getting McLeod back would be ideal.

Ronald Darby
                            It’s been two weeks since Darby suffered an injury that was supposed to have a four-to-six week recovery. So if the original timeline holds true, that means Darby is only two to four weeks away from returning. There is thought it might be closer to four (or longer).

Sidney Jones
                            To be clear, there’s been no real update on Jones. I just wanted to point out there are only three more weeks where he’s definitely out. He’s eligible to start practicing as soon as Week 7, though it’s unclear if he will. For more information on Jones’ situation, click here.

Cox being out changes EVERYTHING on defense!
                            I dunno 60, we have some depth on the DL...... The DB's will be of utmost concern for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                              I dunno 60, we have some depth on the DL...... The DB's will be of utmost concern for me.
                              Cox changes everything MD, and I mean everything. Cox doesn't have to make a tackle or a sack to have an impact on a game because he draws 2 or 3 people on every play. Schwartz can't be as aggressive with his defenses because he can't rely on his rushers as much to get to the QB. He has to be game planned for by the offense. We'll have somebody back at safety this week so Maragos won't be in there. I think our DBs are pretty good to tell you the truth, at least compared to what we've had for the last 5 years or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X