Doug on LG-He finally fires back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug on LG-He finally fires back

The scary thing with Doug is he MIGHT BE SERIOUS!

Coach, who is going to be the left guard this week?

“We prepare all our guys to be starters.”

It looked like Wiz played pretty well. Talk about him as the possible starter.

“Yeah, Wiz did some great things. So did Chance. And Isaac too, even though he didn’t play. Still a great game.”

We get that you like all three, but don’t you have to choose one?

“Who says anyone has to start? Maybe we go with no left guard. Our analytics people say that 18 percent of the time the left guard has no impact on the play whatsoever. Then again, maybe I’ll start all three at left guard. What would you call that? 11 personnel is one running back and one tight end. Maybe we’ll call that 900 personnel since you have three 300 pound guys at one spot.”

You don’t think naming one starter is important for chemistry?

“Guys, listen…I’m not going to announce our plans to the Chargers. Let’s move on.”
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I could actually see him taking both WRs off the field and lining up all three. Of course he would then a call for a tight end screen to Celek.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
      I could actually see him taking both WRs off the field and lining up all three. Of course he would then a call for a tight end screen to Celek.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        [B][SIZE="4"]

“Guys, listen…I’m not going to announce our plans to the Chargers. Let’s move on.”
        Hey SO cagey!
        Like the Chargers will change their entire defensive scheme around depending on who the Birds start at LG.

And then there's this...“Yeah, Wiz did some great things. So did Chance. And Isaac too, even though he didn’t play. Still a great game.”

Now just WTF does that mean? Isaac had a great game even thought he didn't play. Really?

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
          Hey SO cagey!
          Like the Chargers will change their entire defensive scheme around depending on who the Birds start at LG.

And then there's this...“Yeah, Wiz did some great things. So did Chance. And Isaac too, even though he didn’t play. Still a great game.”

Now just WTF does that mean? Isaac had a great game even thought he didn't play. Really?
          I caught that too. I think that he was trying to say that Isaac was still in the mix. It's pretty clear now that Doug is going to play the Belecheck card when it comes to injuries from now on and isn't going to let on about anything. In fact the "optimism" that he has for Cox and McLeod has me thinking that they might not play and Doug is trying to throw Diego off.

Comment

Where did you pull these quotes from? I just watched Doug’s press conference and didn’t hear him say all this stuff.
            Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
              Where did you pull these quotes from? I just now watched Doug’s press conference and didn’t hear him say all this stuff.

Good question.

I got the 2 quotes that I used from Popper's original post in this thread. I just Googled this sentence...“Yeah, Wiz did some great things. So did Chance. And Isaac too, even though he didn’t play. Still a great game.” and got this response...

LINK:http://igglesblitz.com/2017/09/dangerous-doug/

...which attributes the quotes to a Tommy Lawlor piece at Eagles Blitz

Having now looked at the original piece, I don't know if Lawlor is representing this as a factual exchange between DP and the media or if it's Lawlor's idea of satire.

Popper,

What do you think?

Comment

There is no way Pederson said that stuff. I thought this was a Tino post at first. Maybe Lawlor is a fan of yours.
                Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

There is no way Pederson said that stuff. I thought this was a Tino post at first. Maybe Lawlor is a fan of yours.
                  I had some serious questions when I read this paragraph:

"Who says anyone has to start? Maybe we go with no left guard. Our analytics people say that 18 percent of the time the left guard has no impact on the play whatsoever. Then again, maybe I’ll start all three at left guard. What would you call that? 11 personnel is one running back and one tight end. Maybe we’ll call that 900 personnel since you have three 300 pound guys at one spot.”

But it was on the internet...so it had to be true.

Besides, it supported my contention that Doug is not real smart. So I was ready to buy it. And Doug had defended the "4th and 8" call with some lame reference his "analytics guy" in a presser after Sunday's game, so I was ready to bite.

So it looks like I'm probably the one that's not real smart. But that was already a given.

I'm vaguely only familiar with Tommy Lawlor and Iggle's Blitz, so I don't know if satire is part of his deal or not.

Popper,

Please she some light.

I'll be hiding in my turtle shell if anyone's looking for me.

Comment

Oh he said it alright. BGN had an article that said the same thing. Doug isn't the steadiest guy at a press conference. He's very uncomfortable. Even when he addressed the team after the win most sentences were followed by "OK". Nothing wrong with that but it makes for some funny quotes.

Comment

And rspurr,

MD is the only fan I can really count on.

My sense of humor is an acquired taste and most people die of old age long before they acquire it.
                      Last edited by tinopuno; 09-27-2017, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                        Oh he said it alright. BGN had an article that said the same thing. Doug isn't the steadiest guy at a press conference. He's very uncomfortable. Even when he addressed the team after the win most sentences were followed by "OK". Nothing wrong with that but it makes for some funny quotes.
                        So here is the BGN article:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...iewski-seumalo
                        None of those quotes are in there.

I also listened to the entire press conference and he didn’t say the stuff about 0 left guards or 3 left guards or stuff about analytics. All he said was that Kelce has the day off so Wiz would practice at center and Chance and Isaac would rotate at LG today.
                        I think Lawlor was trying to be funny.
                        Last edited by rspurr; 09-27-2017, 08:46 PM.
                        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

So here is the BGN article:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...iewski-seumalo
                          None of those quotes are in there.

I also listened to the entire press conference and he didn’t say the stuff about 0 left guards or 3 left guards or stuff about analytics. All he said was that Kelce has the day off so Wiz would practice at center and Chance and Isaac would rotate at LG today.
                          I think Lawlor was trying to be funny.
                          Maybe not. I did read a bunch of articles in redzone today too though. I went back to BGN and couldn't find it either after I posted my thoughts on it. Oh well. Maybe I should find another hobby? Then again I'll bet Doug messed up and said it. You have to admit he's capable. Sometimes real garble comes out when you put a mic in front of him.

Comment

Enemy camp

Rivers' play should be alarming to Chargers

Had more than one evaluator whisper in my ear how bad and beat up Philip Rivers looks. Now, he's started slowly before and turned it on, but that team has talent and they should be finding ways to win games and not lose them. It's early, but that's a team that better be ready to go deep into the 2018 quarterback class if this trend continues. The turnovers have just come at a staggering rate. Since the start of the 2015 season, Rivers has tossed an NFL-high 38 picks (Blake Bortles and Jameis Winston are next with 36) in 35 games. He's thrown multiple interceptions in the same game 10 times in those 36 starts and he's tossed a ridiculous 21 picks in his last 12 games. Rivers has thrown two interceptions or more in six of those 12 outings. "Some of these interceptions are a joke," said one evaluator who has watched the Chargers closely this season. "The turnovers are what's killing the Chargers."

Comment

I'd be okay with a three interception game this week
                              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X