X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought only the Eagles get screwed like this

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nf...lay/698448001/
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I have seen that play and many others like it and I think that's thr first time I have seen it not called a TD. Maybe removing Blandino the Cowboy lover out of it has made it better.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
      I have seen that play and many others like it and I think that's thr first time I have seen it not called a TD. Maybe removing Blandino the Cowboy lover out of it has made it better.
      Not only didn't they call it a TD they ran off the final 8 seconds of the game because the officials decided to look at it!!!! That was the part where I was thinking that could only happen to the Eagles!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        Not only didn't they call it a TD they ran off the final 8 seconds of the game because the officials decided to look at it!!!! That was the part where I was thinking that could only happen to the Eagles!
        That's what I don't understand. If this had been the 1st quarter, they would have reviewed the TD. Then said no TD spotted the ball and kept playing. So while does it change at the end of the game? Detroit nor Atlanta asked for a review. So why penalize Detroit for a booth review?

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
          That's what I don't understand. If this had been the 1st quarter, they would have reviewed the TD. Then said no TD spotted the ball and kept playing. So while does it change at the end of the game? Detroit nor Atlanta asked for a review. So why penalize Detroit for a booth review?
          Yes, I think a review in the last two minutes on a running clock mandates the runoff, if the clock was stopped due to the incorrect ruling and the correct ruling would have let the clock continue to run -- much like a false start with the clock running. You can use a timeout to avoid the runoff, but of course they didn't have any left. Tough call if there was enough time to line up and spike the ball if he had been ruled short to begin with. Without the rule though, if there had been like one second left, the Lions would have gotten another play they did not deserve.

Comment

Yea not a big fan of seeing a team screwed like that but somewhere along the line someone got screwed the other way so they made the rule.
            I'll also say I watched it plenty and I can see it go either way--TD or player down. I would have thought they would have went with the call on the field
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
              Yea not a big fan of seeing a team screwed like that but somewhere along the line someone got screwed the other way so they made the rule.
              I'll also say I watched it plenty and I can see it go either way--TD or player down. I would have thought they would have went with the call on the field
              Detroit is like our kid brother and invent ways to lose. Bobby Lane won their last one in 1958 and they've never been to a SB.

Comment

Working...
              X