OT but I want to say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT but I want to say

I watched the KSU-UCLA game last night. They kept talking about UCLA and new coach Chip Kelly. I just hate that guy. I hated him at Oregon. I hated him when he was here. I hope he loses every game and is exposed as the complete fraud that he is. I hope his next job is selling insurance. And I hope it’s not good insurance. I hope it’s renters insurance.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
    I hope his next job is selling insurance. And I hope it’s not good insurance. I hope it’s renters insurance.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I'm just surprised that he can recruit for what he puts his players through. If he nails some 5 stars recruits he'll have a lot of success. I'm not buying that the rest of college football has caught up with him. That interim UCLA coach made some pretty strange decisions in that game. I wonder if Snyder is going to retire. What a fantastic coach!
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

They have a mess on their hands with Snyder. He belongs on the college football coaching Mount Rushmore but he is holding that program hostage now because he wants his unqualified son to be the next head coach. It’s really hurting his legacy here in Kansas and big 12 country.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

They have a mess on their hands with Snyder. He belongs on the college football coaching Mount Rushmore but he is holding that program hostage now because he wants his unqualified son to be the next head coach. It’s really hurting his legacy here in Kansas and big 12 country.
          I don't know how good his son is but who the heck is going to want that job anyway? Once he's gone they will probably sink right back to the bottom of the conference. I think that they should gamble on the kid because he might actually stay there. If they go another route it will turn into a turnstile if the coach has any success.

Comment

Actually there’s an old defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt and he wants to come back to K state. He was there when Snyder was first there and is now the DC at Oregon. He has it written into his contract that he can go to K state without a buyout. He coached South Florida and got them really good and can recruit he will be a really good replacement if Snyder would just step aside and let him have the job.

Comment

Actually there’s an old defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt and he wants to come back to K state. He was there when Snyder was first there and is now the DC at Oregon. He has it written into his contract that he can go to K state without a buyout. He coached South Florida and got them really good and can recruit he will be a really good replacement if Snyder would just step aside and let him have the job.
              That guy was totally nuts if I remember right and eventually he got fired because of it. It's hard seeing much of a future after Snyder goes but I'd still take a shot with the kid. No offense but I don't know how you talk a kid into coming to Kansas anyway? You and Dorothy are the only 2 people that I've ever heard of that wanted to go there. South Florida sure.

Comment

The Big 12 factor helps KSU some but it is about the hardest Power 5 to recruit to. Even IOWA State is 30 min from a large city in Des Moines. Manhattan is a full 2 hours from Kansas City and you drive basically to what feels like the end of the earth to get there. One thing that helped Snyder get the program going was about 25 years ago The AD and boosters spent a ton of cash on facilities and for a brief period of time no joke k State had the best facilities in the country. Great workout facility, and indoor practice facility, and a state of the art press box. The other schools caught up now so recruiting is back to being a chore. Snyder is a heavy juco guy which doesn’t give the program a ton of stability. But they can recruit Texas because they play a heavy Texas/oklahoma
                Schedule every year. The right guy can get them back to 8-4 or 9-3 consistency. The wrong hire would take them back to 1-11. Almost universally folks here... even huge CatHeads think Snyder’s kid would be a bad hire. Bill is losing some of his good will with even the most loyal purples.

Comment

The Big 12 factor helps KSU some but it is about the hardest Power 5 to recruit to. Even IOWA State is 30 min from a large city in Des Moines. Manhattan is a full 2 hours from Kansas City and you drive basically to what feels like the end of the earth to get there. One thing that helped Snyder get the program going was about 25 years ago The AD and boosters spent a ton of cash on facilities and for a brief period of time no joke k State had the best facilities in the country. Great workout facility, and indoor practice facility, and a state of the art press box. The other schools caught up now so recruiting is back to being a chore. Snyder is a heavy juco guy which doesn’t give the program a ton of stability. But they can recruit Texas because they play a heavy Texas/oklahoma
                  Schedule every year. The right guy can get them back to 8-4 or 9-3 consistency. The wrong hire would take them back to 1-11. Almost universally folks here... even huge CatHeads think Snyder’s kid would be a bad hire. Bill is losing some of his good will with even the most loyal purples.
                  You know what AW, you pretty much described the UMASS basketball program under Calipari. They're in the middle of the state and built a beautiful hockey/basketball field house when Marcus Camby and they were there thinking that the program had "arrived". Cal left and you can see the results. What recruit wants to go to the middle of Massachusetts? It's funny because Cal's wife never wanted to leave because she loved the area (it really is beautiful) but he took the Memphis deal without telling her ($5 million a year). They have sucked since. Unless KS can find another guy that will marry himself to the school I think that's it's only going to become a stepping stone for anybody that coaches there. Too bad really.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    I'm just surprised that he can recruit for what he puts his players through. If he nails some 5 stars recruits he'll have a lot of success. I'm not buying that the rest of college football has caught up with him. That interim UCLA coach made some pretty strange decisions in that game. I wonder if Snyder is going to retire. What a fantastic coach!
                    The guy can recruit- remember, college recruiting is about lying your ass off- he’s really good at that. He was able to get four and five star recruits to Bend, Or.

The money issue he has is he’s a Nike guy and UCLA is an UnderArmour school and I’m not sure how many Underarmor recruits there are versus Nike.

Living in LA, I fuckin despise USC football fans- they’re like Dallas fans so as much as Kelly annoys me, I want him to help UCLA succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
                      The guy can recruit- remember, college recruiting is about lying your ass off- he’s really good at that. He was able to get four and five star recruits to Bend, Or.

The money issue he has is he’s a Nike guy and UCLA is an UnderArmour school and I’m not sure how many Underarmor recruits there are versus Nike.

Living in LA, I fuckin despise USC football fans- they’re like Dallas fans so as much as Kelly annoys me, I want him to help UCLA succeed.
                      I never bought into the USC hype either WC. To me it's just a totally snobby program. At Oregon he had those crazy uniforms that kids bought into for some reason (I despise them but I guess younger people love that stuff). You are SO right about recruiting too. I remember well. When I was a kid there was so much money around and unlimited scholarships. Big schools would give you one just to keep you away from somebody else. I know much of the same stuff goes on (probably more) but at least scholarships are limited. Private schools have pretty much unlimited dough.

Comment

I never bought into the USC hype either WC. To me it's just a totally snobby program. At Oregon he had those crazy uniforms that kids bought into for some reason (I despise them but I guess younger people love that stuff). You are SO right about recruiting too. I remember well. When I was a kid there was so much money around and unlimited scholarships. Big schools would give you one just to keep you away from somebody else. I know much of the same stuff goes on (probably more) but at least scholarships are limited. Private schools have pretty much unlimited dough.
                        USC= University of Spoiled Children

Not only does that school have a lot of money from athletics, but they have a $5.1B endowment. The fact that they can’t compete for a national title every year is a joke. But then again, the would rather have a coach with a good image than one who’s a good coach- although, Helton is pretty good.

However, they’re CoEds are insanely hot!!

Comment

USC= University of Spoiled Children

Not only does that school have a lot of money from athletics, but they have a $5.1B endowment. The fact that they can’t compete for a national title every year is a joke. But then again, the would rather have a coach with a good image than one who’s a good coach- although, Helton is pretty good.

However, they’re CoEds are insanely hot!!
                          I don't know how a kid turns down a scholarship there. No excuse there for any coach.

Comment

I don't know how a kid turns down a scholarship there. No excuse there for any coach.
                            I know one kid who did (plays for ASU) because he said he didn't like the culture of the football team- great high school football players with natural ability but no heart.

Comment

I know one kid who did (plays for ASU) because he said he didn't like the culture of the football team- great high school football players with natural ability but no heart.
                              No offense but I think the kid is nuts. I think anybody who lives in Phoenix is nuts to tell you the truth, especially somebody turning down a beachtown in Southern California to do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X