Observations from Eagles Saints game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
    Really? All I seem to be reading is how we need a great HB. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.
    line 1 of my points was the OLine

I agree with you

step two is having homerun threats to go with better blocking

Comment

Hell, the team looks like a MASH unit right now. Take your pick.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Here is the only observation needed from yesterdays game---- We-- as constructed right now-- can not compete in the NFL at much higher then a cellar dweller level. Frankly this team , right now, will have a tough time winning more than 1 more game this year.

Comment

Everyone has someone they see as not playing well; I have a bunch but I'll add another. I wasn't a fan of the Jones pick since I don't think you can hope someone returns to their college form after injury and then hope they develop into an NFL player. I still haven't seen anything making me think he is that good. I don't think that was a good pick
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
            Everyone has someone they see as not playing well; I have a bunch but I'll add another. I wasn't a fan of the Jones pick since I don't think you can hope someone returns to their college form after injury and then hope they develop into an NFL player. I still haven't seen anything making me think he is that good. I don't think that was a good pick
            Agreed. The only thing Ive seen him excel at is getting injured.

Comment

Originally posted by FearTheDawk View Post
              Agreed. The only thing Ive seen him excel at is getting injured.
              Yes but he is VERY GOOD at it!!

Comment

I need to see Jones next year to figure out what he is gonna be. ACL and Achilles are almost 2 season injuries. My concern about jones is he looks very small. I know Douglass looks overmatched speed wise right now I still like him long term more than Jones because he has size and has the feet. He just needs more reps.

I also like Maddox a lot. He seems to be able to mirror and has some quick twitch to him despite maybe not being a long speed guy.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                  Scroll down to the chart at the bottom. Amazing.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...8_injuries.htm
                  So, 159 games missed to injury this season- it’s also Adjusted Games Lost and Man Games Lost. Tough to find out how that compares to other teams.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
                    So, 159 games missed to injury this season
                    And counting. I can only imagine how many players are going to be out for the Giants game.

Comment

There is not a single team in the NFL that could sustain the number of injuries the Eagles have this season and not gone into the tank. Period.

But, as noted, it's not just that, because the healthy players haven't been playing well either.

I am in complete agreement that the #1 priority this offseason is to revamp the offensive line. They've got some major decisions to a make, and they better get it right. After that the can look at the rest of the roster, because they need RBs, Dlinemen, LBers, Safetys, CBs and on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                        There is not a single team in the NFL that could sustain the number of injuries the Eagles have this season and not gone into the tank. Period.

But, as noted, it's not just that, because the healthy players haven't been playing well either.

I am in complete agreement that the #1 priority this offseason is to revamp the offensive line. They've got some major decisions to a make, and they better get it right. After that the can look at the rest of the roster, because they need RBs, Dlinemen, LBers, Safetys, CBs and on and on.
                        Did I write this? Spot on EB.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                          I need to see Jones next year to figure out what he is gonna be. ACL and Achilles are almost 2 season injuries. My concern about jones is he looks very small. I know Douglass looks overmatched speed wise right now I still like him long term more than Jones because he has size and has the feet. He just needs more reps.

I also like Maddox a lot. He seems to be able to mirror and has some quick twitch to him despite maybe not being a long speed guy.
                          I really like Maddox from what I’ve seen so far. I thought for sure he tore his ACL. Were our players wearing the wrong cleats yesterday? I counted about 6-8 times that a players cleat got caught in the turf and they came up gimpy because of it.
                          Jones, Maddox, Douglas, Graham, Tate, Hicks, . . .
                          Just off the top of my head. All non contact injuries.
                          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

One more observation to add. Earlier in there thread there was talk of how to shut down slants etc. It became real clear to me when I watch a rookie third round pick torch us for 160 yards how bad our players are being coached, when I see other team players getting that kind of contribution and we can’t get our 2nd and 3rd year players going, they seem lost. Coaching changes have to happen on this team.
                            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I have thought about that a little. I think the position coaches such as Undlin are pretty good. I think the issue stems more with the defense that Schwartz wants to employ v the talent they have to employ that D. I wonder if the D coaches are getting along. That is strictly speculation on my part
                              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

The scheme has to be to force players inside which is why they have so much success on the slant. If that is NOT the case than we really do have a position coach problem because these guys don’t trust their footwork enough to force the players to the boundary. And when they do they whiff on the jam like Douglass did.
                                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Working...
                                X