Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we officially label McDougle a bust yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we officially label McDougle a bust yet?

Where is this guy? Is he not getting on the field, or is he just invisible? I know he's had his share of injury problems, etc, but I honestly expect more out of a 1st-round pass rusher.

Does anyone know how many plays he was on the field for yesterday? I never saw him but someone else posted he saw the field for some plays.

Comment

Seems the DEs were Cole, Howard and Juqua Thomas. I can't confirm McDougle's presence on the field. I thought I saw him but it might have actually been on an extra point attempt. I believe he plays in that package.

Comment

he was on the field a bit, but they're not doing that rotation with him in it.

i'm very disappointed that he has not been able to crack the rotation much in the last two games. looks like he's going to have to go somewhere else to get his career untracked.
        Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

yes
          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

YES!

Comment

He was a bust last year

Comment

The only thing I'll point to is this: Derrick Burgess

Although Burgess had a good rookie season which is one more season than McDougle can claim, he played one game in year 2, 0 games in year 3 and then only came on in year 4 at playoff time.

McDougle is now in year 4 and it's go time. It's now or never for the guy.

Comment

Burgess flashed as a rookie, and flashed again in the 2004 playoffs.

McDougle has never flashed in his entire NFL career. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
                    Burgess flashed as a rookie, and flashed again in the 2004 playoffs.

McDougle has never flashed in his entire NFL career. Ever.

The McDougle sack on Eli, albeit a milisecond, was indeed a flash!

Comment

Come on Steve, that was garbage time against Eli in his first NFL game, probably against a Giants backup O-lineman! Sure it looked cool, but it meant nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
                        Come on Steve, that was garbage time against Eli in his first NFL game, probably against a Giants backup O-lineman! Sure it looked cool, but it meant nothing.
                        No doubt!

Did you know that McDougle had 2 sacks in his second year with the Birds? I forgot.

Comment

He has flashed less than Mike Mamula. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Comment

Originally posted by AToney
                            Ugh, terrible joke, AToney. Anyhoo, yes, McDougle is a bust. No impact at all. However, I still hold out hope that he'll have one of those A.J. Duhe-like games where he comes out of nowhere to steal the show before the Birds end up finally releasing him the next season.
                            "Yes, I was hit. It was actually a pickle jar. Inside the jar was a fetus. It was a pig fetus, not a human fetus like the one in Philadelphia.. and fortunately it didn't shatter, like in Philadelphia." -- Referee Pitman, on reffing an Eagles game

Comment

Originally posted by Merchant
                              Originally posted by AToney
                              Ugh, terrible joke, AToney. Anyhoo, yes, McDougle is a bust. No impact at all. However, I still hold out hope that he'll have one of those A.J. Duhe-like games where he comes out of nowhere to steal the show before the Birds end up finally releasing him the next season.
                              It might have been terrible, but it doesn't make it any less true. Mamula wasn't horrible just didn't live up to his draft slot. If he had been taken in the 4th round or later he would have been considered a pretty good pick.

Year Team G GS Sacks Loss Int Yds Avg Lg TD
                              1995 Philadelphia Eagles (NFL) 14 13 5.5 30.0 0 0 0.0 0 0
                              1996 Philadelphia Eagles (NFL) 16 16 8.0 45.5 0 0 0.0 0 0
                              1997 Philadelphia Eagles (NFL) 16 16 4.0 27.5 0 0 0.0 0 0
                              1998 Philadelphia Eagles (NFL) 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0.0 0 0
                              1999 Philadelphia Eagles (NFL) 16 13 8.5 75.0 1 41 41.0 41t 1
                              2000 Philadelphia Eagles (NFL) 15 6 5.5 36.0 0 0 0.0 0 0
                              NFL Totals 77 64 31.5 214.0 1 41 41.0 41t 1
                              Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
                              X