X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UH OH.....

From pft...

HECKERT HEADING TO MOTOWN?

There are strong rumors in league circles that the Lions could be eyeing Eagles G.M. Tom Heckert if/when the Lions dump president/CEO Matt Millen and re-build the front office.

Heckert, a 39-year-old Michigan native, accepted a promotion to the G.M. job in Philly when the Vikings were attempting to complete a two-fer by hauling Heckert and former Eagles offensive coordinator Brad Childress to Minnesota. But because he doesn't have "final say" over the composition of the roster in his current job, the Eagles cannot block him from moving if the Lions job includes such "final say."

And even if the departure of Millen comes this year, next year, or the following year, look for Heckert's name to be on the list of potential replacements.

The timing of the opening could be an impediment to Heckert's interest in the job. As we see it, he might not want to bail on the Eagles after serving as G.M. for only one year.

Several weeks back, we wrote that Millen currently is safe in Detroit, since owner William Clay Ford Sr. simply refuses to make a change. The word in league circles is that Ford's son, Bill Jr., doesn't like Millen and would get rid of him ASAFP if he could.

--------------------------------------

I really don't want to see Heckert going anywhere. This would be a huge loss to the FO, IMO.

Well I'm not too concerned after all he is just part of the regime that brought these players here and they are the ultimate "captains of the ship" as it were. And since I have been informed many times that it isn't the players fault, it's almost entirely the fault of the people that brought the faulty players here. (he sez with heavy sarcasm)

Seriously, I would hate to lose him, but frankly right now, that's an off season concern.

Comment

Would seriously not like to see that. But he's gotta do, what he's gotta do.
      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
      - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Hmm...Don't particularly care for this turn of events coming to pass.

Comment

Figures. We finally have a great draft and other teams start to circle like vultures.
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Perhaps Andy should turn over "final say" to Heckert in order to keep him in the fold. Then again, if I were in Andy's shoes, I wouldn't do that.

Comment

Geez, is Andy Reid's goal to slowly take over the entire NFC North?

Comment

Working...
              X