Saints are a damn good football team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saints are a damn good football team

Watching N.O. dismantle Dallas tonight is pretty inspiring (now start of the 4th quarter).

Reggie Bush is just incredible. Drew Brees is developing into the next great QB. Even the 2nd string N.O. receivers make some leaping catches and don't drop the ball. Plus, their defense even looks good today (and aggressive) compared to what we saw in Washington.

New Orleans has a great future. It must be great to be a Saints fan right now.

Is there anyone that would not trade the Eagles roster for the Saints right now ? Brees and Bush are young studs. They are a hell of a combo to build around.

Has Sean Payton given teams a blue print for defending against Romo ? I hope so. Regardless of today, Romo is still a darn good QB. I expect him to bounce back quickly.

I think so, in regards to the game planning for Romo. however, I am not sure that the Eagles could exploit/execute in light of the DL play. Here's hoping that they can.

Comment

Karney illustrates the value of a good FB to the running and passing game.

Comment

34 of 53 players weren't even on the Saints roster last season! They have meshed well, I would say.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess
          I think so, in regards to the game planning for Romo. however, I am not sure that the Eagles could exploit/execute in light of the DL play. Here's hoping that they can.
          In addition to the DL play, our Def Coordinator may be too set in his ways to alter the way he has been playing things.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny
            Originally posted by ThoughtProcess
            In addition to the DL play, our Def Coordinator may be too set in his ways to alter the way he has been playing things.
            Agreed for the most part. The Eagles personnel on the DL as constituted now is not really suited for the mix-and-matching of the sort that Belichick does, for example. Many different looks, 3-4, 4-3, even 2-5 have been thrown at Patriots' opponents. Because the Eagles have targeted a certain type for the DL, IMO their flexibility is limited in this regard. The LB's would have to factor in as well.

Comment

After the Birds, the Saints have been my sentimental favorite all year for obvious reasons.

In part because I just *#@*ing HATE Dallas, I was cheering/screaming tonight the way I would have been had the Birds been playing. When Bush scored on that unbelievable screen play,my wife came downstairs and said to me, "What's the matter with you, I thought the Eagles played earlier today!"

Comment

Weren't the Saints playing without Joe Horn and at least one other guy?

Forgot the Sean Payton used to coach on our sideline too...

Nice to see the Saints not only win, but just freaking whip the Cowboys!
                "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

My NFC alternate is the Aints, my AFC alternate is the Chargers. Not simply because they are doing well, but despite the fact that they are doing well......I harbor no ill will against these teams. If the Eagles don't make it, I'd be glad to see either or both of these two duking it out for the title this season.
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Since it is unlikely the birds will be in the superbowl, I think the NFL's dream matchup would be SD v NO. Lots of good characters, LT v Bush. High octane offenses, good defenses, the NO story, you could bring back the Air Coryell stories. I would be VERY interested in the game.

Comment

The Saints should buy Charlie Casserly a car.
                      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I was just about to say... how much is Casserly making on the Saints payroll?

Sorry folks, I can't root for the Saints for the SB. My NFC alternate (which used to be my AFC alternate) are the Seahawks.

Comment

The onside kick was brilliant and executed almost flawlessly,
                          Sean Payton should be coach of the year hands down!

This guy gutted Parcells last night.

Comment

Great call on the Onside Kick. Hell of a call. You don't recover it and your defense will bail you out cause they were playing well. You recover it and you put the dagger in.

Reggie Bush really is as advertised. If I were a Texans fan, I'd go storm the Texans HQ. Not just cause of Bush but cause Vince Young just beat you.

Comment

I cannot ever recall Bill Parcells being schooled like he was last night.

Payton called a helluva game. More importantly, his team EXECUTED a helluva game.

Comment

Working...
                              X