America's game- Tampa Bay 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America's game- Tampa Bay 2002

Not sure how many of you have seen this series on NFL network, or even how many of you have that cable channel.......but if you get a chance, it really is an incredible series. It may be the one of the best things NFL films has ever done, and that's saying something!!!.........Anyway, tonight they were covering the 2002 championship season of Tampa Bay.......needless to say, even though THE game was only about 5-6 minutes of the 60 minute program.....It still stings like a bitch.....they showed the Jurevicious play about 3 times, and isolated on Barry Gardner.....Gruden said ( about that play) "sometimes you just hit the lottery on certain plays." John Lynch said up until that play, the whole mood on the sideline was " here we go again", and that that one play changed the whole mood........Gruden said after the game, you could see all of the Police dogs and Horses everywhere, and everything that was ready and in place for a big celebration, but there was no one celebrating......He said it was pretty errie..........He also said that they ended up having to sit on the runway for 3 hours before they were able to finally take off for Florida and that their luggage was all screwed up....He blamed the Unions in Philly that are in charge of that stuff...He said that that incident still pisses him off...........Atleast a little revenge anyway. Overall pretty difficult to still watch

I can't seem to remember ever losing to the Bucs in the playoffs. EVER.

Damn I wish that were true. That is one game that to this day still haunts me. That year was OUR YEAR DAMN IT. The Raiders were weak and just waiting to be beat.
    FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

I only watched the part where we bitch slapped them earlier in the season.

Comment

I bet there was so much booze and celebrating on the plane, that Gruden was one of the few who was mad that they were just sitting on the runway. Team Planes are like night clubs after games.

Comment

Sigh. One of the worse days of my life.
          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Thanks for brightening my day, pete!
            www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

No need to watch for me,, I know the outcome and frankly I don't need to remember the pain.

Don't understand what good it does to relive some poor entertainment, maybe that's one of the ways I keep the glass half full.

You want to see heartache and relive pain --- there are tons of Eagle games you can view over the last 50 years or so, but no thanks for me.

Comment

Worst moment ever for me in sports, worse than even the Mitch Williams Joe Carter home run. I bought two tickets for about $900 total to the NFC Championship game with my wife..and the thing was, my Dad's boss had tickets to the Super Bowl, so both of us knew ahead of time we were going to San Diego to see the Super Bowl and Shania Twain if they won. And the way the game started out with the long return and Duce scoring, no one thought based on the history of Tampa and cold weather that we had any chance of losing that game.

It was supposed to be the greatest last game at the Vet and turned into a nightmare. Gruden exposed Barry Gardner and Blaine Bishop over and over. JJ starting an injured Bishop over Michael Lewis was a big mistake, and Bishop and Al Harris just stood there while Keyshawn caught a TD before the half, I believe..

Comment

I just thought it was an interesting perspective, that I hadn't heard before about that game

Comment

Working...
                  X