No announcement yet.

Saturday Draft thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gil Brandt lost his marbles about 10 years ago. Have you heard him speak lately ? The guy is out to lunch.

Comment

• So do you guys buy my theory of Reid's LOA hurting draft prep?
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
        Originally posted by FRESH
        Basically confirmed they would have taken DB at 26, gives me some peace there.
        * So Ross, Griffin, Nelson and Meriwether all being gone - turned our draft into an absolute poop mess.

That's poor planning.

And we were all laughing at the "joke" FOs that would screw the pooch after the draft got scrambled up. Maybe I'm missing the big picture here, but it looks like a stretch to call this first day "gang of four" even mediocre.

Comment

• Originally posted by leifdawg
          Once again the Patriots are a step ahead of us.
          Not one step ahead of us...one pick ahead of us

Comment

• Originally posted by j-bird
            Chris Houston CB was there when they picked.At the very least he could play nickle and help on ST's.Makes no sense to me at all.This draft will and should be graded an F.
            It won't and shouldn't get an F. But a low C, high D is likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonard Tose
              Originally posted by FRESH
              Awww man.........

Are you telling me we had for picks on the first day and didn't pick ONE FUCKING DB?????????????? Jesus Christ, where's my TYLENOL!>!?!?!?!??!?!?!

eagles threw you your bone a couple of years ago, what was that tall corner's name you loved so much? damn, have forgotten him already.
              I wasn't simply calling for a tall corner. A DB, corner or safety. People keep talking about being able to move Sheldon to safety. Fine, but where is your depth at corner??? We are T H I N in the secondary right now, especially if you consider James' injury past.
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Heckert showed he can't handle the show. With Reid's leadership missing for awhile - this was 90% Heckert's draft.

It's a bad one.
                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                Playoff Appearances:
                NFC Title Games:
                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

• Originally posted by Green With Envy
                  Originally posted by leifdawg
                  Once again the Patriots are a step ahead of us.
                  Not one step ahead of us...one pick ahead of us
                  I think KC would have been a willing trade partner. I would have even overpaid a bit to get up there because we don't need a lot of draft picks right now.

Comment

• Agreed. We needed a couple of PLAYERS, not a bunch of bodies.

Ah well, I thought we got a great haul last year, and it stunk. Maybe if I think this one stinks, it will be great?????
                    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Figures the long-demanded Big Running Back would be slammed as well.

Tony Hunt doesn't have top speed. He has everything else. He pass protects well. Picks up blitzes. Catches passes. Good in screens. Runs square and falls forward. Breaks tackles and drags tacklers. There's a lot more to being a running back than just running the ball, and Hunt already has a handle on all those little things. Maybe he's not a guy who can turn a 10 yard run into a 50 yarder. But we have a guy like that already. Hunt can turn 5 yard runs into 15 yarders. He'll fit great into the new power-running line introduced last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by FRESH
                        Agreed. We needed a couple of PLAYERS, not a bunch of bodies.

Ah well, I thought we got a great haul last year, and it stunk. Maybe if I think this one stinks, it will be great?????
                        Exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                          This draft is for 4 players who won't ever make a pro bowl but will be nice backups.

So f'n dumb.

What kind of piss ass logic did we take into this draft? Worst draft in the REID Era by light years. Not even close.

I actually think I like the McDougle pick more than any of these 4 picks.

Good night. What a letdown.
                          Sleep it off and make sure you open the windows before so the smoke can escape the room....lol...

*THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!*
                          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

• You could tell the Birds wanted Meriweather 1, Leonard 2, and McCauley 3. Each time, just picks ahead they got screwed.

So they end up with Kolb, Abiamiri, Stewart and Hunt. Yuk.

Comment

• I still have high hopes for last years draft. I would say Justice and Bunkley are most likely going to be starting here for a better part of the next decade. There is still some hope for GoCong.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMK
                                Figures the long-demanded Big Running Back would be slammed as well.

Tony Hunt doesn't have top speed. He has everything else. He pass protects well. Picks up blitzes. Catches passes. Good in screens. Runs square and falls forward. Breaks tackles and drags tacklers. There's a lot more to being a running back than just running the ball, and Hunt already has a handle on all those little things. Maybe he's not a guy who can turn a 10 yard run into a 50 yarder. But we have a guy like that already. Hunt can turn 5 yard runs into 15 yarders. He'll fit great into the new power-running line introduced last year.
                                It's not that I think Hunt is a bad fit. After Bush, Hunt would have been my next choice.

But, I really wanted Bush and he was available.

Comment

Working...
                                X