Just for shits and giggles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for shits and giggles

IMO you could have a pretty good draft by just drafting this way, all Georgia

Trade 15/16 and select Travon Walker- dude plays all over the field , is solid as a rock , could easily carry more weight and in his one highlight video he does the Eagle swoop which is real impressive with an 84" wingspan

#19 Devonte Wyatt DT, I know the other guy blew up the combine, but I think he's got bust written all over him.
    #51 George Pickens , I think he's a baller
    #83 Jamaree Saylor OL would like to see him after being with Stout. Was glad to see him with a front row seat during the linemen drills
    #123 Channing Tindall LB
    #154 Zamir White RB, Younger Version of Jordan Howard
    #162 Quay Walker LB
    #166 Justin Shaffer OL
    #205 Jake Camarda P
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

I will not argue that point at all. George Pickens is a helluva prospect but my buddy lives down by Athens and has a lot of connections. Pickens has massive character issues.

If the birds went:

15 - Walker
    16 - Davis
    19 - Dean

I would be fine with it.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Fine with me MM. Better yet mix some Bama guys in too. I love shopping in the SEC.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I believe Walker to be the stud DE coming out of this draft but I'm not sure I'd give 15 and 16 for him without getting something else back -- player or pick. It will be a trip if we see teams go on a run and have 8 or 9 DT and DE drafted before we get to 15. I can see One QB, Two OT, Two CB, One WR and One S and the rest DL.
        Birds are going to have good choices at 15.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
          I believe Walker to be the stud DE coming out of this draft but I'm not sure I'd give 15 and 16 for him without getting something else back -- player or pick. It will be a trip if we see teams go on a run and have 8 or 9 DT and DE drafted before we get to 15. I can see One QB, Two OT, Two CB, One WR and One S and the rest DL.
          Birds are going to have good choices at 15.
          I was throwing it out there , I don't geek out over the trade value charts. I see a lot of Reggie White shit in his future and think they should do whatever they can to get him. Walker, Cox, Hargrave and Sweat with BG and Williams rotating in sounds pretty damn sweet to me. The kid also has enough frame to add some weight if needed. Walker and the 2 LTs are my top players in the draft
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Walker and Kfalatis or whatever… those guys fit the profile of what I think the Birds want a DE to be. They like bigger guys that can hold the edge.

Walker is a no brainer to me if he is there at 15. I see no chance now that he makes it out of the top 10. In fact, I think by draft day he will be top 5 and potentially even go above Aidan Hutchinson. I think the concern was would he test like a tweener. He didn’t. He ran like an elite freakish athlete.

You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Working...
            X