• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought McVay was supposed to be a Super Coach

Sean McVay looks to 'changes' as Rams sputter again
    Nov
    11/7/2022 2:24:10 PM
    Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVay said "changes have to be made" after his team scored only 13 points in Sunday's loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Sarah Barshop of ESPN.com reports.

"Adjustments have to be made," McVay said. "We can't continue to go on like this. And what that looks like, I don't necessarily have the exact answers right now."

McVay wanted to make it clear that he wasn't pointing fingers at others and not including himself, saying, "I'm a big part of this. I have to do better."

"We're gonna stay connected throughout this," McVay said. "But we do have to be able to look inward and figure out what are some of the solutions, changes, adjustments, different things that we have to do to be able to get different results and different production from our offense."

The 3-5 Rams, in third place in the NFC West, have scored 131 points this season. According to ESPN Stats & Information research, at this point last season, Los Angeles had scored 245 points. The 131 points are tied for the second-fewest by a defending champion in the Super Bowl era.

McVay said he thinks "everything's got to be up for debate."
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Eh, Andy Reid is a HOF coach but he had some clunkers and didn’t live with one team his career. Hell Belichick is another HOF putting up clunkers right now. McKay is/was flavor of the month just like a lot of guys who get their team on track and win. Sirianni is the current favorite flavor right now but hasn’t proven himself over the long term. None of them
    operate in a vacuum.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      Eh, Andy Reid is a HOF coach but he had some clunkers and didn’t live with one team his career. Hell Belichick is another HOF putting up clunkers right now. McKay is/was flavor of the month just like a lot of guys who get their team on track and win. Sirianni is the current favorite flavor right now but hasn’t proven himself over the long term. None of them
      operate in a vacuum.
      You're right. I guess I just get tired of the media slobbering all over him.

Comment

Oh I agree with you. All of a sudden there is a flavor of the month and everyone (not literally) starts slobbering all over them. In the same vein a guy (Reich for example but others as well) has a bad streak and people are bombing them because it is the fashionable thing to do
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Flavor of the month for open coaching jobs is Steichen.

Comment

Both he and Gannon will be names floated next off season. Anytime you have success as a team the league looks to poach coaches. Might be frustrating but don’t think it will ever change. Andy has been poached many times
            and has quite a tree growing.
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

It's all about their roster IMO. If their team gets devastated with injuries or their QB goes down they get blamed. I think Reich got screwed because of that. Ryan was a great QB at one time but I think it's his time to hang up his cleats.

Comment

The offensive line is injured and Taylor and his abilities are missing, they don't have good enough receivers to play a passing game. I would argue that Ryan is better off playaction. Good recipe for disaster.
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                  The offensive line is injured and Taylor and his abilities are missing, they don't have good enough receivers to play a passing game. I would argue that Ryan is better off playaction. Good recipe for disaster.
                  I think that you are right in that respect MM.Ryan probably can still play but the other reasons got Reich fired.

Comment

Working...
                  X