No announcement yet.

Reagor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reagor did actually have a punt return TD for us his rookie year. Don't think we have had one since. (Last Eagles KR TD was 2016; Josh Huff.) But he only got worse in year 2. Seemed like he was maybe pressing too much, or something. But didn't get a whole lot better in Minnesota year 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post

Here's a few you could add to the list:

john Harris
      danny Watkins
      that 6'10'' offensive tackle that couldn't stay off the weed
      that offensive tackle who I think was named Andrews?
      leroy keys for old timers
      marcus Smith
      i'm sure there is more but that's the ones I came up with off the top of my head
      Jon Harris and Danny Watkins were both terrible.

Bernard Williams was the LT who actually looked good (the only one from 1984 or so until Tra Thomas in 1998 ) but he was tossed out of the league for weed. Probably would be fine today. Made the all-rookie team then never played again (at least in the NFL).

Shawn Andrews was an awesome player, who played guard for us and made two Pro Bowls (and missed his entire rookie season due to injury; I keep wondering if he might have made a difference in the Super Bowl that year). But, he eventually had depression issues that got the better of him, at least for playing. We did sign his brother, Stacy Andrews, as a free agent and that was a colossal bust.

Michael Haddix
      Kenny Jackson (4th overall pick, 126 career receptions over 8 years)
      Kevin Allen (booted from the team after one season, then ended up in jail). I think he played in arena football once he got out.
      Antone Davis (traded two #1 picks for him, couldn't play LT, and was mediocre at best at RT).
      Lester Holmes (had a longish career but...)
      Leonard Renfro
      Last edited by FairOaks; 05-05-2023, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Kevin Allen and Freddie Mitchell also deserve consideration.

Comment

Yeah, Kevin Allen is near the top of the list. Mitchell... was a 25th pick to begin with, where it's easier to miss, and while a bit of an overdraft he could play some. His personality probably got him booted more than his play, and of course did make the catch on 4th and 26. I can't put him in the same area as guys who really couldn't even play in the league. Though granted a couple of the guys I listed had decent careers as backups.

Comment

I'm the only guy in Philadelphia that loved Mike Mamula. The only problem that he had is there was absolutely nobody to help him rush the passer. They called him almost Mamula and that was actually a compliment with what he had to work with.

As far as Reagor goes there's a world of difference between college ball and Pro ball and he just doesn't cut it.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              I'm the only guy in Philadelphia that loved Mike Mamula. The only problem that he had is there was absolutely nobody to help him rush the passer. They called him almost Mamula and that was actually a compliment with what he had to work with.

As far as Reagor goes there's a world of difference between college ball and Pro ball and he just doesn't cut it.
              Mamula was a decent player. Just not a top-10 pick. He had over 30 career sacks, and of course a lot more pressures, which do count for something. He doesn't belong on any bust lists, at least in the same continent as Kevin Allen. More of a Barnett type of pick; would have been very happy one round later. Eagles did have William Fuller in Mamula's first two years, who was still really good. And we got gifted Hugh Douglas in Mamula's fourth year (though Mamula missed the entire year due to injury). It was just 1997 where we had a dismal pass rush. He did have 14 sacks his two seasons playing under Jim Johnson, but injuries made him retire at that point; he was still in his prime and a few more good years when the Eagles returned to relevance may have really changed peoples' perception.

Comment

I have no problem at all with Mamula. That is why I’d take that draft any day over Reagor even though people use him as a bad Philly player. Biggest problem for me, and many, was where he was drafted. Mamula worked hard and had some success, as FO noted, on bad teams.
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Reagor would have been a bad pick in round 6. He just doesn’t have what it takes for the NFL. At best he’s a 4th or 5th receiver in this league.

Comment

Working...
                  X