"Gee Aaron..I'm real sorry your achilles tendon blew up!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Gee Aaron..I'm real sorry your achilles tendon blew up!"

Karma visits even the intellectually superior and nauseatingly smug. I know this makes me a bad person, but I couldn't stop laughing when I learned that Mr Rodgers was going to have a somewhat abbreviated season with the Jets. He did get in four quality snaps, so it's not all that bad

Hi guys. It's good to be back. I've been held captive for the past year in the Russian Orthodox Monastery in Jordanville, NY just 20mmiles from my home. I go there occasionally to heal my troubled soul and usually leave the architecturally beautiful edifice feeling renewed. However, on this occasional I saw an absolutely stunning Latvian woman and the "kavorka" took possession of me. I found my self unable to leave and return to my wife, our Wheaten and 5 kitties.
    The Bishop offered me a place to stay while I recovered. After a few weeks, I felt strong enough to overcome the power of the kavorka, but the Bishop stopped me at the door and said, "I'm sorry my son. You can check out any time you wish...but you can never leave."

Fly Eagles Fly!
    Last edited by tinopuno; 09-12-2023, 01:18 PM.

Funny Re kavorka, but bad karma Re Rodgers sentiment. 30 years after the fact, Brice Paup memory is still fresh.
    Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
    Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
      Funny Re kavorka, but bad karma Re Rodgers sentiment. 30 years after the fact, Brice Paup memory is still fresh.
      I recognize that it's bad Karma but Rodgers is such an overwhelmingly arrogant asshole, both in and beyond the NFL. I couldn't help myself. I was a big Rodgers fan when he came into the league, especially in view of the way the swine Favre treated him. But he quickly revealed himself as a self absorbed, incredibly smug tool.
      FWIW, any exploration I've ever done in the area of "karma" would have me believe that I, personally, would suffer any ill effects of the 'bad karma' I had generated by taking pleasure in Rodger's injury. Not the Eagles team or an individual player.
      Last edited by tinopuno; 09-12-2023, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post

I recognize that it's bad Karma but Rodgers is such an overwhelmingly arrogant asshole, both in and beyond the NFL. I couldn't help myself. I was a big Rodgers fan when he came into the league, especially in view of the way the swine Favre treated him. But he quickly revealed himself as a self absorbed, incredibly smug tool.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Brice Paup memory is still fresh.
          I had forgotten all about that moment. Wasn't that the first game of the season also ?

Comment

I thought the exact same thing when it happened. Rodgers can be a bit of a douche at times, but I couldn't help but feel bad for the fans. Because, I remember feeling the exact same thing that they felt when the Paup heard round the world happened in the first quarter on opening day at Lambeau field. You really feel great about the fact that you are a legitimate contender, and you are really feeling the super bowl asperations, and it all comes crashing down on opening day. On one play. Just a terrible feeling.

Comment

To continue the parallel, the Eagles beat Green Bay in that first game. The defense was so dominant that a combination of Jim McMahon, Brad Goebel, Jeff Kemp and Pat Ryan at QB “led” the team to a 10-6 record. We had Reggie, Clyde and Jerome and a no. 1 ranked D in almost every category. The hit by Paup was dirty - below the knee on a planted leg, and it still stings. Oh what could have been. I agree, btw, that Rodgers is a complete douche, on and off the field, but yesterday was the first time I ever rooted for the Jets (once he went out) bc can empathize with the fans.
              Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
              Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

1991… that should have been our year. And then the next summer Jerome Brown died. Tough memories.

good to hear from you Tino!
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

To continue the parallel, the Eagles beat Green Bay in that first game. The defense was so dominant that a combination of Jim McMahon, Brad Goebel, Jeff Kemp and Pat Ryan at QB “led” the team to a 10-6 record. We had Reggie, Clyde and Jerome and a no. 1 ranked D in almost every category. The hit by Paup was dirty - below the knee on a planted leg, and it still stings. Oh what could have been. I agree, btw, that Rodgers is a complete douche, on and off the field, but yesterday was the first time I ever rooted for the Jets (once he went out) bc can empathize with the fans.
                  Agreed. Ever since Namath retired, life has been cruel to Jets fans. Giants fans can be merciless with them.

I Moved to upstate NY from Jersey 50 plus years ago for a good job....but the main draw was snow and skiing. Except for my best bud here (a native NYer who is a hard core Birds, Phillies, Flyers and Sixers fan) almost all my other male friends/acquaintances are/have been Bills, Gnats or Jets fans with one Pats fan thrown in. They're all good dudes. I root for the Jets and, especially, the Bills and bust balls with my friends who are Gnat fans.

In the half century I've lived here (God, I'm old!!) I've known only two guys I really disliked. Both from almost the "get go". Both were coworkers...professionals in 2 different mental health settings at different times. Strangely, they shared similar personalities. Both were insecure, two faced hypocrites and ass kissing suck ups who weren't very good at their jobs or particularly interested in their "clients". I never socialized or talked much with either (I don't willingly mix with assholes) so I for a long time I knew nothing about their sports team preferences. Eventually I leaned both were Dallas fans. I was shocked! That can't be just a coincidence.

Comment

Those poor bill fans haven't won anything since Jack Kemp and Cookie Gilchrist retired although Jim Kelly got them into the Super Bowl 4 times. Those sure were great Buffalo teams. I sure would like them to win one as long as it's not against us. I like anybody in that division that is not named the Patriots.
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                    X