Two things.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two things.

They’re trying to force stuff to Brown. He’s dropped TD throws this year and dropped the one tonight. Tough one
    and I’d like to see it again but I think he dropped it.
    Not a great Aikman fan but he is right. When you’re up like this I wouldn’t have shown that you have a play to throw it off the QB sneak look. Your kicking their ass - just use your RBs
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
    They’re trying to force stuff to Brown. He’s dropped TD throws this year and dropped the one tonight. Tough one
    and I’d like to see it again but I think he dropped it.
    Not a great Aikman fan but he is right. When you’re up like this I wouldn’t have shown that you have a play to throw it off the QB sneak look. Your kicking their ass - just use your RBs
    I thought that too about the attempted pass but on the other hand it now gives other teams something to think about when we line up in that formation. BTW I take back everything that I've said about Covey being a dime a dozen. I had such high hopes about him when he was drafted but that was mostly based on what I thought he would do as a playmaker catching passes from the slot. I did love the film how much he studied about returning punts and kickoffs with his coach though when he was in college. I'm glad it's really paying off for us now.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

At first I agreed with Aikman but the more I thought about it, I likened it to bluffing with a 6-7 unsuited when it’s a small pot. You’re just giving your opponents something to think about and may confuse them in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
        At first I agreed with Aikman but the more I thought about it, I likened it to bluffing with a 6-7 unsuited when it’s a small pot. You’re just giving your opponents something to think about and may confuse them in the future.
        This was my thought also. Plus, the play just looked off from the alignment because it didn't look like a Tush Push. I was actually expecting him to pull it out and attempt to pass.

Comment

We need to hope we avoid major injuries.
          We need another playmaker for the secondary.
          We need Hurts to be last year’s Hurts.

if these 3 things happen we will win the SiperBowl.

I say that because our defense has a chance to be much better than it was last year. We can no longer be run on. Last year, Washington could play ball control against us. The Niners actually started to establish ball control in the NFCCG before we knocked out Purdy and all hell broke loose. We are a more physical team this year, which will serve us well, but the secondary needs help to contain elite offenses. I think and hope the offense comes around. As for injuries, the NFL is a war of attrition, and all you can do is hope for good luck.
          Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
          Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Working...
          X