Leadership?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leadership?

Our coaches have been so bad that my only hope for this team to get it's shit together is for the "leaders" of the team to take charge and tell the coaches what they need. I think Stoutland does a great job of listening to his O-line and that is why I think our offense might be ok. Hurts has to speak up and tell Sirianni/Johnson what he likes and what he wants to run.
    I'm sure Cox and maybe BG will speak up but the biggest problem with our defense is that we don't have any vets in the back 7 that are strong leaders, especially at LB. Slay is a captain so maybe having him back will help. Maybe it's someone like Byard that needs to tell Patricia to keep things simple. I remember in 2018/19, it was Malcolm Jenkins that had to tell Schwartz what they needed to get things turned around.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Listening to WIP yesterday, they made a great observation.

When the offense is NOT on the sidelines, Hurts sits on the bench by himself. Who is coming over the going over looks and schemes with him on the Microsoft tablet? Is anyone?

I straight up don't understand what is happening with this team. Is Hurts just not the guy we think he is? Is he a total asshole and a little spoiled brat? That simply can't be the case. Everyone has spoken glowingly about him on and off the field from a character standpoint.

I am just completely at a lost to figure out what is going on here.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
      Listening to WIP yesterday, they made a great observation.

When the offense is NOT on the sidelines, Hurts sits on the bench by himself. Who is coming over the going over looks and schemes with him on the Microsoft tablet? Is anyone?

I straight up don't understand what is happening with this team. Is Hurts just not the guy we think he is? Is he a total asshole and a little spoiled brat? That simply can't be the case. Everyone has spoken glowingly about him on and off the field from a character standpoint.

I am just completely at a lost to figure out what is going on here.

I think Hurts is the guy when things are going well. Adversity requires a different skill set and that is something he may mature into. When he was at Bama and was benched, it was a good solder and, I'd say, that is indicative of who he is. That being said, it is tedious to know things should be better and they are not, If he thinks its coaching that makes it a tough environment on everyone.

Then, there is the 250 mil. That kinda generational money that changes folks.

Comment

I've seen a lot of videos of our offense on Social Media from guys like Orlovsky, Baldinger, and Acho game but I'm not sure you can take much away from that last Giants game. It was a tough spot as we did "need" to win to have a chance at the division but it wasn't really realistic that the Cowboys would lose to the Commanders. Then you are playing on turf that seems to seriously injure 2-3 players every game. Sydney and AJ both went down early with injuries and I think the mentality of everyone on the team changed.

At one point Hurts had won 8 straight games when trailing by 10 points and had a passer rating of over 100 when trailing. As bad as our team played vs the Giants and Arizona the previous weeks, Hurts still led the team to long TD drives in the 4th Q.
        Last edited by rspurr; 01-11-2024, 12:08 PM.
        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Another thing I would point out is that during this bad stretch he had a game and maybe two where he was sick but played through it. How sick? I don’t know but it was bad enough that it was obvious he didn’t feel well.
          I’d also point out that he has a new QB coach. Does he respect him? Does he think he knows what he is doing? So they talk much in the sideline (tough to tell from TV) ? Don’t know the answers to these questions but the team does.
          But I agree with the original premise of leaders. I also know coaches (who are the leaders) should be asking the team leaders and not waiting for them to come forward.
          I would love to sit at a bar in Sea Isle City and throw back a few beers with Jason Kelce.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Working...
          X