Way too early free agent targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way too early free agent targets

Here is a list of some fits I see. Some will cost too much and some will be bargains. Any would help. All defenders are tough and great tacklers as well. FO will need to decide what they can get in FA vs what they can get in the draft.

linebackers: Azeez Al-Shaair, Patrick Queen, Frankie Luvu, Cody Barton, Jordyn Brooks, Kenneth Murray, Devin White

safeties: CGJ, Darnell Savage, Xavier McKinney, Antoine Winfield, Geno Stone, Jordan Whitehead

corner: Kenny Moore, L Jarius Snead

de: Brian Burns, Chase Young, AJ Epenesa, Gross-Matos

wr: Gabriel Davis, Rashid Shaheed

te: Noah Fant

Murray or Queen at LB. We can dream I doubt they spend money there.
    They won't sign a corner

I am all over Chase Young or Gross Matos. Especially if we can deal Josh Sweat

Bring back Oz at WR and give Covey more reps. Draft a guy later on to develope

Safety needs to be addressed. I like Delpit at lot.

Man if we can get Delpit, Queen and Young. Deal Sweat for a 2nd day pick to a team that runs a wide nine type alignment. We could go a long way to fixing this team up the middle quickly Have Slay and Ringo start outside, Rodgers in the slot with Jobe, Ricks, Mcpherson as the backups. This team would be younger and faster on defense.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I could see Kenny Moore being signed. They need a physical corner who can tackle. Bradberry won’t be back. Slay is getting old. What corners on this roster have range and are physical.

snead is great, but will be out of our price range.

I also think we draft wr in the first two rounds. It more needed than we think. Who knows how stable AJ is. What the hell do we do if he or Devonta get hurt.

davis or Shaheed are cheap options. Not really seeing it from Oz or Covey

TE might be higher in their list too. Goedert has missed time the last couple of years and nobody has picked up the slack.

Will be a fun off season, that’s for sure

Comment

One thing is for certain there will be more wants than fills for many fans.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

I don’t want to create holes to fill. There are enough to fill. We need 2 LBs to compete with Dean. We need 2-3 S and we need a third #1 type WR or at least a solid #2. We should have another big WR on the roster and we need a stick your foot in the ground and run a fucker over style RB. We need another lineman or 2 and we always need defensive linemen
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
            One thing is for certain there will be more wants than fills for many fans.
            You may be right. Take a look at the roster right now with no free agents signed.

1. No Punter
            2. 1 LB in Dean who is coming off injury, a couple of practice squad guys in VS & Smith Need at least 3
            3. 2 Safeties in Byard and Blankenship but Byard is going to be releases. So its only Blankenship. Brown will be out for the year. McCollum is a PS guy. Need at least 3
            4. 3 WR in Brown, Smith and punt returner Covey. They need to add at least 3 WR's
            5. RB only Gainwell on the roster. Need 2 more at least

Lose are 12 right there and that is before you look to upgrade RG, DE, or CB.

Howie has his work cut out for him. At least five of those areas are starters. I think at CB they can go with Slay & Ringo with Maddox at slot and Rodgers being there (Who actually has played a little more boundary than slot)

They will have about 40 million and 8 picks to try fill this.
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Brown shooting for a return next season

Sydney Brown has a lofty goal in recovery from ACL tear

Eagles safety Sydney Brown is ready to attack his ACL rehab after suffering injury in Week 18.

By Dave Zangaro • Published January 19, 2024

Pause
              Ad: 0:00
              Mute

NBC Universal, Inc.
              Jalen Hurts spoke to the media on Wednesday afternoon during locker room cleanout day.
              Eagles safety Sydney Brown isn’t feeling sorry for himself. No long face. He isn’t wallowing.

“I’m good,” Brown said with a wide smile. “Really good.”

Brown’s rookie season ended in Week 18 with a torn ACL at MetLife Stadium. He missed the playoff game in Tampa and he’s staring down a lengthy rehab process he’s never gone through before.

But he’s ready to attack it with positivity.

“Honestly,” Brown said at locker cleanout day, “I’m so pumped to start rehab.”

Brown, 23, will have surgery to repair his torn ACL next week and then he said he’s looking at a rehab window of 6-8 months. He has a lofty goal: Brown wants to be ready for training camp and for Week 1 of the 2024 season.

“That’s my mindset,” Brown said. “And if I can make that happen, I can make it happen. If not, then Week 1, 100%.”
              NFL

https://www.nbcsportsphiladelphia.com/nfl/hundreds-line-up-at-buffalo-bills-stadium-to-shovel-snow-for-20-per-hour-again/559768/][/URL]
              NFL 15 HOURS AGOHundreds line up at Buffalo Bills' stadium to shovel snow for $20 per hour … again

https://www.nbcsportsphiladelphia.com/nfl/raiders-keeping-antonio-pierce-as-head-coach/559750/][/URL]
              LAS VEGAS RAIDERS 17 HOURS AGORaiders hiring Antonio Pierce as full-time head coach: Report

That timeline is clearly ambitious. Brown suffered his torn ACL on Jan. 7, so when training camp begins in early August, he’ll be less than seven months from the date of the injury.

Timelines for ACL recoveries vary based on plenty of factors. A typical ACL return in the NFL is around 9 months post-surgery but it can often take longer to get back to peak performance. Of course, every injury is different.

While it seems possible — likely even — that Brown will miss the beginning of his second NFL season, he clearly wants to keep that positive mindset.

Brown is all positivity now, but he did admit it took a little bit of time to get to that mindset.

“I had a couple days right in the moment,” Brown said. “My first call was my brother (twin brother Chase is a Bengals running back) and we both kind of shared some tears on the phone just because you never wish that upon anybody, especially ourselves. It kind of sat with me for a moment and then I was like, ‘Damn. The only thing I can really focus on right now is coming back.’

“I’ve dealt with some small injuries. Nothing like this. But a positive mindset excels the healing process and I’m going to kill this thing. I’m going to come back and better than I ever was. It just helps you appreciate the game and how fast it can be taken away from you. I’ve just been blessed with another opportunity to prove myself, why I’m here. Yeah, I’m absolutely going to kill this thing. I’m pumped.”

While Brown has already been walking since the tear and has been rehabbing what he’s allowed to before surgery, he’s going to head to the operating room next week. From there, he has a plan laid out already. First, he’ll get his mobility back. Then, he’ll strengthen. Then, he’ll strengthen enough to return.

We’ll see how long it takes.

The Eagles drafted Brown in the third round out of Illinois in the 2023 draft. While Brown was a key contributor on special teams all season, it took a while longer for him to get opportunities on defense. Eventually, he played some safety and nickel corner for the Eagles this past season (35% of the team’s defensive snaps) and in Week 17 had a 99-yard pick-6 for his first NFL interception.

The very next week, Brown’s ACL snapped while running down the field on punt coverage.

“It’s just crazy because I play this game thinking I’m invincible and it’s just crazy,” Brown said. “It’s not like I did anything I haven’t done. It just kind of goes when it goes. It was a long season plus the NFL Combine, the Senior Bowl and the preseason games. So it’s really like you’re playing 23 games by playoffs. It happened. I can’t control it.”

What Brown can control is how he attacks his rehab. And that doesn’t seem like it’s going to be an issue.
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Even if he is back he will not be close to 100%. Probably start out on PUP or some other placement other than active roster. Need to address safety. Sure wish they would’ve worked something out with CJG instead of Bradberry but hindsight is 20-20.
                Not sure who else is available in FA but I would’ve thought Howie would’ve learned a lesson with Dawkins that you need at least one high end safety
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Working...
                X