Press Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Press Conference

Wednesday with Howie and Nick. When was the last time a fired HC had a press conference with the GM. Never. Nick is back
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Will Jeff be there? Feel like it should be him and Howie kicking it off.

Comment

This is billed as Howie and Nick. My guess is Jeff will have a separate one but who knows
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
        Wednesday with Howie and Nick. When was the last time a fired HC had a press conference with the GM. Never. Nick is back
        Yup
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Anyone know what time the PC is supposed to be today? It will be interesting to see how much these two guys squirm.
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Says 2:30. Must be eastern time
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Listened to the press conference. I really don't like the Media in this town. There questions were soft for the most part. I do like what Nick had to say. He understands that the concepts they were running on offense were stall and he needs new ideas. That is what a good head coach does. However right after the press conference they hire Vic Fangio whose defensive scheme is old and tired. So at this point I am not happy.
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I was underwhelmed by the press conference. They lacked energy. Rambled on. Howie had to pat himself on the back. The whole relinquishing all control to the OC and DC is a little odd. Came across as two guys on the hot seat trying to focus on the past and trying something for the future.

in the end, press conferences and talk doesn’t matter anyway. The D really needs an overhaul of talent. The O definitely needs better play calling and depth. (Lack of anything from backup WRs and TEs is something most of the league doesn’t have. We can’t be an injury away from crap)

Not loving the Fangio news. I suppose it’s an upgrade over Gannon and definitely the 2 dudes from this year. I just don’t like the scheme. He’s also 65.

Roster construction is going to be most important. Do FAs want to come here right now? Time will tell

Comment

I watched and felt like it was two guys coming before the press and fans with head held down and saying things would change but thinking in their heart they just had bad luck and things will stay the same.
                  Sirianni said the play calling got stale at the end of the year but it didn’t seem like he felt offense itself was stale.
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

Also not a fan of Fangio coming if it turns out he does. I think the league has moved beyond his defense and the birds need new. I think the birds can have an okay defense under Fangio but not a dynamic defense.
                    Maybe an okay defense will be enough but I’d rather see something different. No matter if it is Fangio or someone else they damn sure need to plug that hold in the middle.
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

By hiring Fangio, it seems like they are going to try and patch a leaky ship instead of replacing it. I expect more of the same next year. This team may have trouble breaking .500 IMO.

Comment

If Fangio can adapt his scheme and is not doctrinaire, then this is not as bad as it may appear to some of us. The question in my mind is: will he be open to adopting new wrinkles and twists into his core scheme?

Comment

when they announced that Nick would let the coordinators handle their own shit, I figured either coordinator would be someone with experience. They just went inexperienced and young and that didn't work.
                          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                            when they announced that Nick would let the coordinators handle their own shit, I figured either coordinator would be someone with experience. They just went inexperienced and young and that didn't work.
                            Who made that announcement, Sirianni or Roseman? Maybe the new Howie Is turning back into the ferret and just taking control of everything Again. A head coach should be making His own assistant hires.
                            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I did find it interesting that Sirriani said the decision to have Patricia call the D was his call. I still find it hard to believe Jeff and Howie would let him make that call. But he did accept that it was him.

It is funny how we all react. Buffalo made an OC change late in the season and it worked. Our move was a mess. If it had worked we would have been praising the move.

oh well. Thought that info was interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X