NJ.com: Report - 'Disconnect with players Led to Desai Demotion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJ.com: Report - 'Disconnect with players Led to Desai Demotion

According to Eagles reporter Geoff Mosher, there was a strong disconnect between Desai and his defensive players.

“There’s a difference between being smart, well-educated, and considered a really good schemer,” Mosher said on Friday’s episode of Inside The Birds. “Which Sean Desai was when he got to the Eagles. That’s what people would tell us about him. And then also being a great leader, connecting with your players, understanding what their needs are versus your needs are, making it work when times are tough.

“And that is the area that I didn’t realize was impacted the most. I didn’t realize until talking to some people down here, agents who represent some players, on just how big the gap was between where the Eagles were on defense and where Sean Desai was. And those two factions not being able to meet in the middle and having an understanding of each other.”

Mosher also reported one Eagles player stopped speaking to Desai during the season. The Eagles have replaced Desai and Patricia with defensive coordinator Vic Fangio, who also had trouble connecting with some of his former Dolphins players.
    https://www.nj.com/eagles/2024/02/fi...port-says.html
    According to a report, there was a disconnect between the coordinator and players.

Obviously if players don't respect you they aren't going to listen to you. To me the defense just lost their MOJO and couldn't get it back. The coaches failed them.

Th?s league is all about getting to the passer and turnovers. Make teams kick field goals Instead of giving up touchdowns. The rules make it so easy to pass now that's mostly all most teams do. We need a better pass rush like we had in the beginning of the season but disappeared the last two months. To win you need to force holding penalties and hope that you can then get off the field on 3rd down.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Jackson credited Kansas City for a game plan that featured blitzes on 43.5% of his dropbacks, according to Next Gen Stats. It was the fourth-highest blitz rate on Jackson this season.

"That's different, we wasn't expecting that," said Jackson, who was sacked four times. "But sometimes you know we have intermediate routes, and they're jumping, you can't just throw the ball and make them try to tip the passes. I'm trying to make something happen, but they did a great job."

Comment

Players don’t get to choose who Jeff or Howie or Nicknhire as coaches. Players have to go out and do their job. Sometimes they do their half assed which isn’t going to cut it at the NFL level.
        Successful coaches know how to communicate, connect, talk to or whatever in order motivate their players to tackle or defend the pass or whatever. Evidently Desai didn’t have that with his players. What I wonder is whether it was Desai or the players that didn’t connect.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

NoDak you are spot on. You have to do your job no matter what, but sadly human nature is not believing in a leader or a manager can produce half-assed effort.

Outside of Fangio, my hope is the new DL coach Hurtt can get Davis and Carter to reach their true potential. Maybe a new voice in the secondary can help the players develop and pay attention to the details that put them in a position to tackle.

offensively, maybe JH trusts the play call and design more under KM.

That’s my hope!
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
            NoDak you are spot on. You have to do your job no matter what, but sadly human nature is not believing in a leader or a manager can produce half-assed effort.

Outside of Fangio, my hope is the new DL coach Hurtt can get Davis and Carter to reach their true potential. Maybe a new voice in the secondary can help the players develop and pay attention to the details that put them in a position to tackle.

offensively, maybe JH trusts the play call and design more under KM.

That’s my hope!

Comment

Working...
            X