Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49ers Fire DC

he did a great job IMO, but I guess someone has to be blamed
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

If Greenlaw doesn’t get hurt, wilks is being celebrated today.

but Kyle Nepobaby can’t fire himself.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post

Yup! That was a huge injury.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post

Yep. Can't fire the OC. That's him. Somebody else had to take the fall. Rotten luck for Wilks. How many times has this happened to him recently? Arizona? Carolina? and now SF.

Comment

I think Armistead is also injured and will be having surgery for a torn meniscus. Regardless, I gotta think there is more here and may be a personality issue. It may look like a scape goat scenario, but he got no HC interviews with a strong performance and is let go. But, I see the 49es as being a quiet Patriots style organization. They all sing the same song and its all good. You don't see players making waves and, when they do, they don't last long.

Comment

I thought he did a pretty damn good job. Has to be that he and Shanahan just don’t see eye to eye. He was only there one year and his D was highly rated. I know Shanahan had to call a TO late in the game because he didn’t like the D that Wilks called.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Just one more example of the fourty-whiners complaining and blaming everybody but themselves. Sometimes you just get out played and lose a game. The Niners defense was really good all year long so this firing makes no sense.
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

It's amazing how great coaches are when they have good players. As soon as they leave he's a bum.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                  Just one more example of the fourty-whiners complaining and blaming everybody but themselves. Sometimes you just get out played and lose a game. The Niners defense was really good all year long so this firing makes no sense.
                  Kyle did not mesh with Wilks at all. Cracks were already showing when Wilks called a zero blitz and lost to the Vikings.

I doubt you can fire a DC after winning a Super Bowl but Shanny would’ve tried. After a loss? Easy scapegoat.

Comment

Working...
                  X