There goes Howell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There goes Howell

Maybe Mariotta will be the starter. lol.

edit. Should’ve said to Seattle for just about nothing
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Howell to Seattle along with a 4th and 6th rounder for a 3rd and 5th rounder.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Good move by Seattle. I still think Howell can be real good. Just needs an oline that can block. Good backup for aging Geno

Comment

It's nice to know Washington is still a mess
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

So its Mariota as 1B and whomever is the #2 QB. Seems like deja vu all over again as they pick #2. Instead of Griffin, its gonna be Daniels. The kid has improved every year, but has really benefitted from 2 first round WR. Dang he is thin. 6-4 and 210 is almost 30 lbs smaller than Wentz was coming out of college at the same height. He lruns like a deer, but can he take the pounding. I want the kid to do well, but not that well.

Comment

Washington could have kept Howell, got a kings ransom for the pick and finished their rebuild and won with Howell. Seattle stole him and they have their future for nothing
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
              Washington could have kept Howell, got a kings ransom for the pick and finished their rebuild and won with Howell. Seattle stole him and they have their future for nothing
              I'm surprised that is all that Washington could get for Howell, but I cannot imagine (at this point) going with Howell as a long-term QB. He's got some talent for sure, and I'd prefer him to say Minshew (who also has some game in him), but ... he would need a studly team around him to really win I think. He could get better, and Seattle makes a lot more sense since they have a vet at the end of his career versus Washington who will have a clear #1 favorite after the draft who Howell would likely never succeed. That said the Commanders threw away two cheap years of a very good backup for seemingly little return, even if it did do right by Howell by giving him a more likely chance to start some games before his rookie contract is up.

Comment

Working...
              X