Let the Game Begin--Gameday Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Let the Game Begin--Gameday Thread

Damn. Good game, bad result. How I would have loved for the Eagles to silence T.O. once more. Well, they will see them again. Hopefully the eagles knock them out of the playoffs as well. G'night.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
      Great game. I have very little to complain about here, we just blew some opportunities, but we can hang.

I wonder how UP we are going to be for Pitt after this emotional battle?
      You know what Fresh, I am usually decimated after losing to the Cowboys. But, not this time.

Let Dallas build up everyone's expectations. We can take them in the Playoffs when it counts.

Fuck Dallas. We have just as much talent as they do (outside of T.O. maybe).

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
        Why does a 10 year veteran not know to fucking throw the ball away when out of the pocket!

FUCK.

As good of a game as that was, that ending ruined everything.

I can take losing but that last call was retarded. That's some sandlot madden shit.
        He is trying to make a play to win the game...

We did this WITHOUT our top 2 WR...thats pretty impressive
        Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Dallas is that good but teams have looked like world beaters in September only to shit the bed later on. Let's hope we keep this level of offensive play up and make some more things happen on "D".

Comment

I wonder if Reid or Marty called that play. Either way... FUCK.

Comment

hopefully the defense wakes up after tonight ... jim johnson has got to do better than to let romo sit in the pocket all night.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
                Dallas is that good but teams have looked like world beaters in September only to shit the bed later on. Let's hope we keep this level of offensive play up and make some more things happen on "D".
                the eagles who beat dallas on monday night to go 4-0 back in the 90s comes to mind. i agree - no reason to panic. this team definitely has the skill to roll with anyone.

Comment

This loss, while disappointing, isn't that bothersome in the general scheme of things. This game was MUCH more important to Dallas than it was to the Eagles - it's early in the season (when the Cowboys have played well in recent years) and it was at Texas Stadium. You could tell from how important the game was to the Cowboys (and for that matter their fans); they almost NEEDED this game. The Eagles on the other hand needed to merely prove to themselves they will be a legitimate contender. They did that. I firmly believe that barring a rash of injuries the Eagles will be a major factor in the NFC all year.

Comment

McNabb haters are going to show up talking about another choke job, but I have to say that for the most part he played a whale of a game. That situation at the end was a lot to ask for him to try and be successful with. A couple mistakes...the handoff F-up, and taking that late sack are on Donovan. But he did so many great things in this high pressure game that I don't see how you can really bash the guy.

Get Curtis back healthy and I like our chances....tho I am concerned about Andrews. Dallas' pressure seemed to increase after he went out.
                    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Hell of a game. Mad as hell right now but that was a hell of a game. They stood toe to toe with the girls, who are supposedly the class of the league, and fought. A bad handoff was about the difference in that both teams gave up a lot of points but fought back each time and the birds were poised to go in and score if it wasn't for that handoff.
                      Mad as hell but I can't be mad at the team after that game. Bring on the rest of the league.
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
                        McNabb haters are going to show up talking about another choke job, but I have to say that for the most part he played a whale of a game. That situation at the end was a lot to ask for him to try and be successful with. A couple mistakes...the handoff F-up, and taking that late sack are on Donovan. But he did so many great things in this high pressure game that I don't see how you can really bash the guy.

Get Curtis back healthy and I like our chances....tho I am concerned about Andrews. Dallas' pressure seemed to increase after he went out.

The sack was stupid but the bad handoff was really the one that hurt the most. We go up at least 6 and the cowboys have no momentum if that doesn't happen.

It wasn't exactly a choke job... it was just poor play at the worst time.

Comment

What other 4th and 17 play were they supposed to call?

The issue is getting INTO that situation...and the defense allowing 33 points and ST allowing 7 points and WR dropping balls and....team loss against a very good team
                          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas

The issue is getting INTO that situation...and the defense allowing 33 points and ST allowing 7 points and WR dropping balls and....team loss against a very good team
                            Hook and ladder to the sidelines is your best play?

Why not the old statue of liberty?

Comment

Not gone to bed yet. I like what they have shown here, save for the unforced errors. I am beginning to lose some faith in LJ, but then again the season is young. DeSean Jackson, I like. He will get even better with time IMO. Demps, too. I tried to look for Hunt at FB, but the Eagles ran a lot of single-back. Dawkins didn't look as fast as his heyday. The pass-rush just didn't get there on time. Let's hope they work out the bugs and come back even tougher.

...and the Romo and T.O. worship will continue for another week. (sigh)

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas

This is where I am on this loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X