No announcement yet.

Introductions and Welcome thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Pleasant",, yeh, that's a good word to use...... welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by orangeeater
      i'm new here.. thanks for the welcome.

i was eating an orange when i needed to pick a screen name hence the name.
      Welcome aboard, orangeeater!

A bit disappointed to learn the ACTUAL origin of your board name. Initially, I had hoped you might be of the canibal persuasion, with a sweet tooth for Syracuse fans...a sub-culture that could benifit from some "thining"!

...about the Syracuse fans...not the welcome!

Comment

• Hear-Ye, Hear-Ye, Hear-Ye..........

Just wanted to dust the intro thread off to introduce our newest member. This guy comes to us from the EMB board, where he was known as "BigBill1968"------- but here his handle will be "WCPhan". Although he didn't post there an awful lot, I'm hoping that with our coaxing and "civilized" approach, he'll be challenging Freshie soon for the post count lead!

WC, Welcome aboard bud!

Comment

• Welcome aboard WCPhan -- hope you like it around here. Just give right in.

Let's hope his posts are of a higher quality than Fresh's, MD.

Comment

• Welcome aboard....Water Closet Phan? No it's William Carr Phan.....hmmmmmm West Canan Phan? No, I give up then.
            Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

• Higher quality than mine??? That won't be hard.
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Originally posted by MDFAN
                Hear-Ye, Hear-Ye, Hear-Ye..........

Just wanted to dust the intro thread off to introduce our newest member. This guy comes to us from the EMB board, where he was known as "BigBill1968"------- but here his handle will be "WCPhan". Although he didn't post there an awful lot, I'm hoping that with our coaxing and "civilized" approach, he'll be challenging Freshie soon for the post count lead!

WC, Welcome aboard bud!
                Thank-you and salutations.

It'll be a little unfamiliar for me to read and maybe reply to well-thought, researched, knowledgable Eagles supporters. I have become so annoyed with the:

McNabb sucks.
                Reid sucks.
                The front office is cheap.
                Blah, blah, blah

type arguments that I may not know what to do.

All I can say is that it will be QUITE refreshing. And I appreciate the knod especially since I wiggled my way in here.

Here's to the start of the Eagles pursuit of XLII.

Comment

• Welcome....

I am not sure this board is any more knowledable.....just more tolerant of our individual ignorances

World Cup Fan ?

Comment

• What do you mean "wiggled your way in"? You enquired, you were admitted. It's really that simple. I hate for people to have the perception that this is some kind of exclusive club, it's not. It's simply a place where the members agree to uphold the standards of conduct of the board, and they agree to be HELD to that standard. You, me, everyone. Equal, and equally respectful.

Welcome to paradise.
                    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Originally posted by FRESH
                      What do you mean "wiggled your way in"? You enquired, you were admitted. It's really that simple. I hate for people to have the perception that this is some kind of exclusive club, it's not. It's simply a place where the members agree to uphold the standards of conduct of the board, and they agree to be HELD to that standard. You, me, everyone. Equal, and equally respectful.
                      GREAT post Fresh.

I cannot speak for Vin or MD. But, I would guess that they would welcome any user that is willing to follow the rules here and be tolerant of others (except for a few select individuals of course).

Personally, I hope more people take the initiative to inquire about joining the board in the future.

Comment

• McNabb sucks.
                        Reid sucks.
                        The front office is cheap.
                        Blah, blah, blah
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

• Originally posted by FRESH
                          What do you mean "wiggled your way in"? You enquired, you were admitted. It's really that simple. I hate for people to have the perception that this is some kind of exclusive club, it's not. It's simply a place where the members agree to uphold the standards of conduct of the board, and they agree to be HELD to that standard. You, me, everyone. Equal, and equally respectful.

Welcome to paradise.
                          Fresh,

Are you talking about EFO or the exclusive Cigar Club? Can anyone join that too?

WC,

Welcome aboard! WC Fields fan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pliny
                            Originally posted by FRESH
                            GREAT post Fresh.

I cannot speak for Vin or MD. But, I would guess that they would welcome any user that is willing to follow the rules here and be tolerant of others (except for a few select individuals of course).

Personally, I hope more people take the initiative to inquire about joining the board in the future.

Absolutely. And I can't stress this enough: this isnt' some exclusive club you have to know the secret handshake to or get an invite to. Unless you've proven yourself to be an asshat in the past, we'll let basically anyone in on the presumption that they're good posters and good people. This "club" is about as exclusive as the AARP. Now, once you get here, if you violate any rules, you'll get knocked out but we've had yet to suspend anyone on this board. I think simply having rules in place prevents the trolls and jackasses from even attempting to join, which makes it all the better for us.

Comment

• Who controls the British Crown?
                              Who keeps the Metric System down?
                              We do! We do!
                              Who leaves Altantis off the maps?
                              Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
                              We do! We do!

Who holds back the electric car?
                              Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star?
                              We do! We do!

Who robs cave fish of their sight?
                              Who rigs every Oscar night?
                              We do! We do!

Comment

• Originally posted by Luzinski's Gut
                                Who controls the British Crown?
                                Who keeps the Metric System down?
                                We do! We do!
                                Who leaves Altantis off the maps?
                                Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
                                We do! We do!

Who holds back the electric car?
                                Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star?
                                We do! We do!

Who robs cave fish of their sight?
                                Who rigs every Oscar night?
                                We do! We do!
                                Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
                                X