Browns safety Sean Jones visiting tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    Cleveland didn't want the guy, and their defense is horrible. I have no idea if the guy is any good or not, and I doubt that you do either. This is a mess, and I don't like it.
    Perfect, you have no idea but you condemn it anyhow. Wow.

The difference is that I admit that I don't know where you automatically assume he is a bum.

Dawk was going downhill, this guy is like 10 years younger and was a 2nd round pick. And some good stats. Will he be as good as Dawk was in 2005,,, probably not, Dawk was special, will he be as good as Dawk would have been in 2009? Dunno (and neither do you) but I bet he has a chance to be as good as Dawk would have been this year.

Look you hate the FO and anything they do, so let's just agree to disagree.

Comment

So no Cleveland player should ever be signed as a FA? How about the Lions? or any other sub 500 team? C'mon.

Sorry big guy but I'm not buying all the cliches` and old agendas that I read about every year.

Comment

Originally posted by mdfan View Post
        perfect, you have no idea but you condemn it anyhow. Wow.

The difference is that i admit that i don't know where you automatically assume he is a bum.

Dawk was going downhill, this guy is like 10 years younger and was a 2nd round pick. And some good stats. Will he be as good as dawk was in 2005,,, probably not, dawk was special, will he be as good as dawk would have been in 2009? Dunno (and neither do you) but i bet he has a chance to be as good as dawk would have been this year.

Look you hate the fo and anything they do, so let's just agree to disagree.
        deal
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Cleveland didn't want the guy, and their defense is horrible. I have no idea if the guy is any good or not, and I doubt that you do either. This is a mess, and I don't like it. Now, find something there that isn't "the truth".

Exactly what do you like? It sure doesn't seem to be the Eagles. You should hop aboard the Dan Snyder express, that way you can be happy every year when FA starts. A perfect marriage it would be. Maybe he could hire you as a pro personell man, I'm shocked you're not already.
          Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Zepster View Post
              Exactly what do you like? It sure doesn't seem to be the Eagles. You should hop aboard the Dan Snyder express, that way you can be happy every year when FA starts. A perfect marriage it would be. Maybe he could hire you as a pro personell man, I'm shocked you're not already.
              Well if they got Haynesworth, I'd be thrilled. Just for your info there Zepster, I like getting pro bowlers rather than seeing them go out the door.

Comment

e60 - so you want us to sign Roy Williams then to replace Dawkins right? He's a 5 time pro bowler so he must be just completely awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                  e60 - so you want us to sign Roy Williams then to replace Dawkins right? He's a 5 time pro bowler so he must be just completely awesome.

That's not fair Stevie!!

Comment

That's not fair Stevie!!
                    Exactly, making the pro bowl isn't really a good indicator as it's mostly a popularity contest. In 2006 Sean Jones had 106 tackles, 5, INTs, 0.5 sacks and 11 PDs and didn't make the pro bowl. In comparison John Lynch did make the pro bowl that year with 83 Tackles, 0 INTs, 0 sacks, and 5 PDs.
                    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

That's not fair Stevie!!
                      I know but let's be honest - Dawk made the pro bowl on reputation last year. He played like a man possessed the latter half of last season but he was still getting blown up in the passing game. I'd still love to have him.

Comment

I know but let's be honest - Dawk made the pro bowl on reputation last year. He played like a man possessed the latter half of last season but he was still getting blown up in the passing game. I'd still love to have him.

He was the defensive player of the month for december. In the Dallas game, was it his "reputation" that forced those fumbles that were returned for 2 TDs.
                        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Was he that bad in coverage Steve? I didn't think so. Anyway, the players and coaches have 2/3 of the vote don't they? In any event, if this Jones kid plays good this season I'll be happy. It sounds like he was decent before his injury. I guess I'm wondering why Cleveland let hin walk and signed their other safey today.

Comment

Probably because he has had some injury history and may have been asking for more than they thought he was worth....he signed a 1 yr deal here so my guess is he wants a chance to perhaps bank more coin in FA next season if things pan out here. I assume the Eagles were ok with that due to referenced injury history and having a chance to assess him in their system.
                            Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Kid is a 2nd round pick who earned playing time, albeit on a bad team, and apparently performed. Numbers lie in this context, so I don't put much stock in that, but the Eagles do know how to scout DB talent. My guess is they didn't give him a ton of coin and he wanted the upside of FA next year. Eagles generally sign FA's for 2-3 years when they can, even if it''s off a scrap heap. Jones probably had the leverage to say no - and did. Anyway, we have his rights for a year and will work out an extension if he fits well. Good move, seems like. On a slightly different note, how has Merriweather been in NE? That's a guy I wanted a couple years ago (and I believe the Eagles did too). Haven't heard anything about him ...
                              Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                              Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                                So no Cleveland player should ever be signed as a FA? How about the Lions? or any other sub 500 team? C'mon.
                                I don't know, how many members of the 2008 Lions would you sign? I can pretty much think of two.

Comment

Working...
                                X