Postponed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postponed?

I've never heard of a game postponed 10 hours ahead.

Snow?

17 degrees and 5 inches of snow on Coors Field, I'd say it's warranted
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
      17 degrees and 5 inches of snow on Coors Field, I'd say it's warranted
      5 inches? I heard it was a dusting.

I'd love to see a game in 5 inches of snow though.

Comment

2 day games in Philly,but let's play at night at 5000'. The powers that be are douchebags.
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

From what I can tell, it was a move due to temperature and not snow.-----

" A cold front moved into Denver overnight, dropping temperatures into the teens with record lows for the date. Coors Field was covered with a thin layer of snow and ice Saturday morning and flurries were expected to continue through the night.
          The National Weather Service said the cold front packed more punch than expected and easily broke the record low for the date of 25 degrees set in 1905.
          “It’s not going to get as warm as we thought. It got much colder than we anticipated,” meteorologist Eric Thaler said. “We crushed the record: 17 today, 7:22 this morning. Up in the foothills it’s even colder.”
          Thaler said the updated forecast called for temperatures in the mid-20s at game time, which would have been the coldest, by far, for any postseason game."

Comment

but we can't play a Super Bowl outdoors in cold weather
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

What a blessing this is giving Lee an extra days rest for game #4.I guess it's Pedro going on Sunday night at 10pm with Hamels in game #5 if it goes five.This bails out Cholly IMO for what I consider a major screwup using Blanton & Happ in game #2.We'll see how it shakes out.
              Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

guys it is MISERABLE in the midwest today. wind chill never got above 30 here in k.c. and they have snow on the ground all around us just not here.

WTH happened to fall. although it did make for great college football weather.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Actaully I think it's Happ Sunday!

Comment

Playing tonight would have been brutal. This is an early storm for them and somewhat unusual but they are still in the div series. By World Series time it could be brutal in Philly. And the dumbass Twins are building an outdoor stadium for next year. Imagine what that is going to be like on Nov 1.
                    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

Just reading that it will be Happ on Sunday night which is great & Happ says the knee is a non-issue.Supposed to be @ 50 when the game starts getting down into the 30's later on in the evening.Not the greatest conditions but with this bullpen "situation" I'd have to say that Mother Nature is a Phils fan.
                      BTW NoDak,was reading about the new Twins Target Field being an outdoor stadium with no retactable roof & I agree,that's frickin crazy.Good luck bringing in FA's to Minnesota.Makes no sense to me.
                      Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Selig, for once, made the right decision. I would give him a , but then I would have to throw myself under a steam roller.

Even without snow, baseball in 20 degree weather would be a farce, showing contempt for the skilled athletes that play the game and the Colorado fans who have paid good money to attend a playoff game.

The postponement also certainly appears to benefit the Phillies. So we got that goin' for us...which is nice!

Comment

You know, they want to play outdoors; and I am with them on that, but put a retractable roof on. Unfortunately it costs too much. However, I am here to tell you that all those SOBs are going to want a roof when it is 30 degrees or 40 degrees with rain in the spring. Dollars up front will bring dollars later on.
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

We could literally have every team advance before the Phils start Game 3.

I hate Colorado

Comment

Agree 12. But I also have to say that MLB didn't do **** for the World Champions as far as scheduling goes.
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X