Did Pedro say he was done or ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Pedro say he was done or ...

was it purely Charlie's strategic decision.

If he didn't and it was Charlie's decision, than Charlie and Chase combined to gift wrap the Dodger victory! I was shocked when I saw Pedro getting congrats in the dugout after 7 innings. He was pitching a fucking game for the ages.

Pedro had thrown 87 pitches, had LA off balance all game, and had literally not had one ball hit hard all fucking day. Charlie, who has shown no hesitation to allow pitch counts well over 100 is much dumber than he is given credit for if Pedro was ready to continue, given the scary unpredictability of the BP.

Was any reference made re: the decision to pull Pedro in the post game interviews.

I am so fucking pissed at the way those pussy Dodgers were handed this game which would have given the Phils a stranglehold on the series. I would much rather see them beat Lidge in the 9th than win it on 3 misplayed balls in the 8th!

SON OF A BITCH FUCKIN SHIT!!!!
    Last edited by tinopuno; 10-16-2009, 10:03 PM.

Pedro skirted around it but he indicated he was done.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
      Pedro skirted around it but he indicated he was done.
      Maybe...maybe not. He sure didn't look done retiring the heart of their lineup IN ORDER on 11 pitches...Eitheir's ground out, Drug Boy's K, and Looney's fly to Left.

Just read Ford's piece in tomorrow's Inky. Charlie had decided on a 90 pitch total before the game. Charlie said this about pulling him:

"To me, Pedro was done," Manuel said. "He did a tremendous job and took it actually farther than I anticipated. . . . He was gone. I think he was spent."

Pedro didn't dispute Charlie's comment. Was that because he really WAS done or because he's a stand up professional who wouldn't show up his manager. I'm from Missouri on that one. I just question whether Charlie is mentally agile enough to shift gears from his pregame plan based on what was going on in front of him. Maybe I'm wrong and can't see straight 'cause I'm so pissed.

I think I hate losing to the Dodgers more than any team in the league. October 7, 1977...Black Friday...is an incompletely healed wound for an old shit like me that is reopened when we hand an undeserved victory to these preening LA pukes. And that's exactly what we did in today's 8th, with defensive play that wouldn't cut it in Legion ball and a string of ineffective relievers.

I left to take a long walk with my dog after Happ walked Eithier, thinking that would cool me off. I'm still seething!

Rant over...shitty night's sleep ahead!

God damn, I hate the Dodgers!!!!

Comment

Pedro said something about his being off for so long and having to be careful with an extended outing.

He could be protecting his manager like a pro but he seemed to think he was done.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
          Pedro said something about his being off for so long and having to be careful with an extended outing.

He could be protecting his manager like a pro but he seemed to think he was done.
          I don't buy it.
          Pedro was hot and looked like he was enjoying the game
          when he was pulled.

Manuel made a mistake replacing Martinez in the 8th.
          One more scoreless inning from Martinez and this would be a Phillies win.
          It happens, managers make errors too.

Regardless, Phillies win in 6 games!

Comment

Daulton was on Post Game Live. He said that Pedro has no arm . He's been done for a while.He didn't offer anything to back it up,just opinion.
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
              Daulton was on Post Game Live. He said that Pedro has no arm . He's been done for a while.He didn't offer anything to back it up,just opinion.
              Daulton must not have watched the first seven innings if he thinks Pedro has no arm. Or maybe Pedro has no arm but is experienced enough, much like Moyer, to get guys out without an arm.
              I was, and am, pissed since I thought he looked good in the seventh and still looked like he was able to go in the eighth but Charlie was much closer to him than I was and Charlie has gotten the team pretty far the last two years. So...... the good bet is on Charlie's decisions not mine.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Pedro has been a six-inning pitcher for a few years now, but I thought he would come out for the 8th. There was no use sending up a pinch-hitter against Kuo, that guy is unhittable.
                Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

You know, it's not like Chan Ho came in and got lit up or something. He gave up three ground balls, only one of which barely left the infield. What happened to Chan Ho could easily have happened to Pedro.

Comment

Originally posted by Soaring Eagle View Post
                    Manuel made a mistake replacing Martinez in the 8th.
                    One more scoreless inning from Martinez and this would be a Phillies win.
                    This makes the rather large assumption that the Dodgers wouldn't have scored in the ninth.

Comment

Originally posted by IMK View Post
                      You know, it's not like Chan Ho came in and got lit up or something. He gave up three ground balls, only one of which barely left the infield. What happened to Chan Ho could easily have happened to Pedro.
                      That's exactly it.

The fielding (including Chan Ho) let us down, not pulling pedro.

Comment

Working...
                      X