Maybe I'm clueless...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe I'm clueless...

...but why are we signing a guy who has a career average of .230 for our bench and calling that an upgrade over the bearded useless one?

We really can't find a veteran utility guy who can hit .270 or so and actually have some talent when he gets to the plate?
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

It's a move that does nothing for me, I agree. But it's early in the offseason, so I'm not going to get worked up about it.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
      ...but why are we signing a guy who has a career average of .230 for our bench and calling that an upgrade over the bearded useless one?

We really can't find a veteran utility guy who can hit .270 or so and actually have some talent when he gets to the plate?
      WTF? Do they not want to spend the money for a guy who could give Rollins and Utley some meaningful time off? Are there no decent hitting/fielding players willing to settle for the 'utility role'?

I assumed when they dropped 'Useless', they'd finally concluded that a significant upgrade was called for. But instead, we get Juan Castro.

Comment

Working...
      X