Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc--Done?

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...w_reality.html

Halladay thinks he can add a few clicks to his fastball's velocity. He was between 86 and 89 m.p.h. according to one scout's gun. But pitching to that speed, Halladay said, is "probably something I'll have to do more."

"The velocity for not having pitched was good," Dubee said. "He sat 88 to 90 consistently and finished the game at 89 almost 80 pitches into it. So arm-strength wise, that was good, and he feels like there is more there."

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

My guess is maybe he isn't "done", but unless he reinvents himself, Doc will be nothing more than a bottom end of a rotation guy.

Thoughts?

Anybody think this is just a ploy and that Doc can hit 92 or 93 again?

IMO Doc could be a Jaime Moyer type. He already throws a gazillion different pitches.If he can locate he will be alright.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

If anyone can survive a loss in velocity, it's doc.

More than anyone, I would like us to win a WS for him.

Comment

Only know what I read in the rags but it is not easy to do what Moyer did--or many others would have done so. But it isn't impossible if you are a student of the game and the position. Halladay is such a student so I can see him coming back and winning.
        Giving him good vibes to do so.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

I hope so, but I have my doubts. I think he needs to be at least 10-10 with an ERA around 4.00 for this team to have a chance at the playoffs. I know I'm just grabbing at numbers, but if he's 3-12 with ERA over 5, that would be exceedingly difficult to overcome. I'm hopeful for kendrick and lannan, but not that hopeful.
          www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Doc recorded 10 outs and 9 were by strikeout. If you have that ability,you just need to figure things out.
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I don't know. I hope he can reinvent himself. He is easy to root for.
              Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Watched tonite and felt bad for him. Still early and he can certainly find himself but it sure looked like a struggle for him
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

That is a different pitcher out there than what we're used to from him. Hopefully he can adjust/adapt.

Comment

sounds like Doc is heading to the DL

Comment

Well things aren't terribly bright IMO. Maybe he can make it back but you sure can't bank on it
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Working...
                      X