So it's Thursday night and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it's Thursday night and

Through 8 innings the Phils have muscled up another 2 hits in 8 innings work...........................

Has everybody given up on this team? Or should I rephrase and ask is there anybody who still thinks this is a WS team?

Re: So it's Thursday night and

Originally posted by MDFAN
    Through 8 innings the Phils have muscled up another 2 hits in 8 innings work...........................

Has everybody given up on this team? Or should I rephrase and ask is there anybody who still thinks this is a WS team?
    Because of the mediocre starting rotation and the largely one dimensional offense (long ball), I didn't think they were a WS team from the start of the season. I'll be VERY surprised if they make the playoffs and expect 3 and out if they do.

Ownership seems to have little real interest in investing the money and effort to field a championship caliber team as long as they can reap rich TV and merchandise revenue, and sell the stadium out night after night with the current marginal product.

Comment

Re: So it's Thursday night and

Originally posted by tinopuno
      Originally posted by MDFAN

Because of the mediocre starting rotation and the largely one dimensional offense (long ball), I didn't think they were a WS team from the start of the season. I'll be VERY surprised if they make the playoffs and expect 3 and out if they do.

Ownership seems to have little real interest in investing the money and effort to field a championship caliber team as long as they can reap rich TV and merchandise revenue, and sell the stadium out night after night with the current marginal product.
      Meanwhile we're wasting Cole Hamels.

Comment

Working...
      X