Week 14 Expert Picks from around the web: CURRENT 12/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok i put up the current Week 5 picks...

I couldnt get Eric Allen's or Chris Mortensen cause those dopes dont post their picks UNTIL gameday. ESPN is stupid. They used to post all 8 or 9 ON THURSDAY! Now its 4 on thursday, 6 or 7 by saturday if you are lucky, and all 8 by gameday.
    They might as wellcheat and pick all 16 at the end of monday and post them then.

edit: the green color for Heather Mitt's and Nick Lachey's name is just a marker for me, to tell me that ESPN Page 3 didn't have down a lock pick for them. Nothing special about them .

Comment

Hey Tokar, I screwed something up. Mile high picked the Falcons and Guru Ganu picked the Lions. I reversed these two.
      Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Comment

okey doke...will make the fix

Comment

Week 5 Results are in.

Updated: 10/12/04 12:21 PM EST

Just added Chris' Schultz's picks for all 5 weeks. he picks against the spread over at TSN.ca, Canada's sports leader.

Comment

Week 6 Results are in.

Updated: 10/19/04 2:30 AM EST

Bob Costas has this tendency to leave his pick for the BIG game of the week as TBA. Sometimes the pick comes out before the game, sometimes during the game, sometimes after the game, sometimes not at all. And his pick in the game is determined by the record HBO posts before the next week's picks. And it looks like his pick for the Seattle-Patriots game will have to be determined like that once again :P.

The Lachey brothers didnt list off a lock pick of the week on Page 3's celebrities picks, which is why their names are in bright green.

James Blake is just smoking the competition. Over 70% right.

Comment

im still waiting on IGN and Moretensen, Eric Allen and Schlereth's picks for week 7

Almost done...

Comment

okey doke...

ive given up waiting on Mortensen, Allen and Schlereth.
                Their picks will probably come out on gameday...stupid cheaters...lol.

A new column has been added for Lomas Brown who has joined the fray starting this week (7) with team IGN in their weekly Man vs Machine picks.

Other updates:
                This week, over at CNNSI, Peter King made the weekend pickoff, not B. Duane Cross, which is why King's picture and name are there, for now.
                Ive added a picture from CBS for Michael Fabiano. Its necessary to associate a name with a face.
                Ive also fixed up B. Duane Cross' picture to actually fit the box, rather than leave a little white showing. Ill fix theo ther pictures that do that as well in the future.
                Fox those pickers who have designated locks of the week (Jeff Zilgitt, the 12 ESPN Page 3 celebrities, Vinnie Iyer and myself) i have added a new row under their columns for their record in their lock picks. I would add the sportscolumn crew, but their picks seem to be made against the spread, not straight up, unless I can be proven otherwise. The locks records are for locks straight up.

Enjoy.

Comment

Tokar, you should just start a new thread every week.

Comment

hehe...

well...

1) i dont want to clutter up the list of old posts with all old threads (week 1, week 2, week 3, etc.)
                    2) i dont keep the archived files on the site (the archives are all in the one excel file). Every post would be made with the same exact file. I dont see the purpose of making a new thread every week.

Comment

Updated: 10/29/04 9:16 PM EST

Sorry for the lack of the update with the results from week 7. I had a ton of work that needed to get done this week for school. Hell, I pulled three all nighers in the course of four nights to do it. Didn't have much time to spend on updating this.

Fear not, for the week 7 results are included in this update as well as week 8's picks.

Hey sportscolumn pickers...shame on you! You let the ESPN "Experts" post all of their picks out before you posted yours! Come on! Hehe.

Enjoy.

Comment

ive been really busy with school work...so the picks and the rankings have been getting done at a slower rate...

i didnt get to post Week 8 results.

So along with the current list of picks i have for week 9 are the week 8 results.

Updated: 1:35AM EST 11/4/04

Mind I note, more and more I see that the picks change even after they are recorded.
                        This is how i go about things.
                        Picks come out between Tuesday and Friday...most of the sites, when they post them, they are final picks, no changes. And I enter them. Other sites, like Ask The Commish, the post picks on Tuesday, then on friday when the game (paragraph long) analyses come out the picks change. Then after I have 100% of the picks in by like saturday, I dont check the websites again until the next picks come out and I check the records I have against what the editor of the page posts. I just go by what I have and enter in which ones were correct or incorrect. If the records match, then I dont care enough to check over the picks since 9 times out of 10 all the picks are right. The other time its that the records are the same, but there are 2 or so picks that are recorded wrong, but their outcome doesnt effect the record.. But then there are times the records dont match, and what ends up happening is that the editor completely changed like 4 of his picks before sunday, without my knowledge, and I go back to fix them. So what does this mean? Just be aware that the following sites are not definite until I post the results from the previous week:

AskTheCommish.com (very good chance the picks in the current may be changed)
                        ESPN Page 3 (decent change the picks in the current may be changed)
                        IGN (moderate to decent chance the picks in the current may be changed)
                        HBO (rare chance picks in current may be changed...has happened)

The other sites...
                        Its either I copied them wrong, or the record the editor lists is wrong cause they cant add.

Just a heads up.

Comment

Updated: Wednesday 11/10/04 2:34 PM EST

Muahaha...i knew the Raiders would win.

Comment

I had the raiders too. but the rest of my picks stunk.

Comment

Updated: Wednesday 11/16/04 @ 9:28 PM EST

Ive added a new column out of my own interest.

I was interested to know how one would od if they picked the favorites week in week out...well its turns out its better than I expected at close to 62% right...

Comment

My sincere apologies for not updating this thread as i do the file.

I HAVE been updating the file as anyone who has been downloading it can see...i just keep forgetting to post here...

I just uploaded a file that has all the week 12 results. And like 10% of all the week 13 picks.

I also forgot to do week 11 power rankings...and because i forgot, i was unable to have week 11 rankings from About.com, Sagarin Rankings and CBS Team Rankings since they dont have a page history or list off where they were the previous week.

Comment

Working...
                                X