Vet QB and S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vet QB and S

I still see openings here for a vet backup QB and S...

I think the Eagles have been looking around for a while at QB. They like Foles and Kafka, but realize Foles is a rookie and Kafka is only a 1-2 game solution this season. Edwards is literally a place holder until we find a better option. McCoy from Cleveland has been floated as one possibility, but I think the Eagles have their eye on 2-3 options and are waiting until they get cut or the other team is ready to trade them.

I like Allen and Coleman at S and am glad Coleman is doing well in the camps...Jarrett is depth along with hopefully the healthy return of Anderson, but I still think they have their eye on several vet S and will bring one in.
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

I can't think of a single QB option out there.

someone at a BBQ recently tried to tell me that we should've brought in Tim Tebow as our veteran backup. I wanted to hit him.

Comment

I don't see us bringing in another QB either. I suppose a lot will depend on what Kafka looks like in camp. Indications are that they are happy with what they have seen so far. And Foles is a lock to be here. in fact, I feel that they both are. No new QB.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
        I can't think of a single QB option out there.

someone at a BBQ recently tried to tell me that we should've brought in Tim Tebow as our veteran backup. I wanted to hit him.

Go for it Vin!! And after you punch out Tebow take a swing at the guy who wanted to sign him too!
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

You punch Tebow and you are guaranteed to be spending the rest of eternity with a hot pitchfork up your ass!
          "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
            You punch Tebow and you are guaranteed to be spending the rest of eternity with a hot pitchfork up your ass!
            Don't get too excited Fresh, "a hot pitchfork" is not a metaphor! Of course that may not matter to you.....

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas View Post
              I still see openings here for a vet backup QB and S...

I think the Eagles have been looking around for a while at QB. They like Foles and Kafka, but realize Foles is a rookie and Kafka is only a 1-2 game solution this season. Edwards is literally a place holder until we find a better option. McCoy from Cleveland has been floated as one possibility, but I think the Eagles have their eye on 2-3 options and are waiting until they get cut or the other team is ready to trade them.

I like Allen and Coleman at S and am glad Coleman is doing well in the camps...Jarrett is depth along with hopefully the healthy return of Anderson, but I still think they have their eye on several vet S and will bring one in.
              I just don't see room for another QB. I doubt they've come this far with Kafka just to dump him, and that's what they'd have to do if they brought in another QB. (Edwards was just a camp body, that clearly isn't working out, and will be cut shortly. The last day of OTA's, Edwards didn't get a single rep.)

Comment

I agree with ChrisMal I don't see them carrying 4 QBs on the active roster. Edwards is already gone in every way that matters other than title. I think they plan on using Kafka as the back up early in the season and maybe giving Foles a shot later in the year but I don't see them releasing another player just to have a 4th QB to look too.

Comment

I'm not dismissing every single vet QB out there. I literally can't name a single one that's available.

(Anyone mention Jeff Garcia gets punched too!)

Comment

I don't see another QB coming into Lehigh as they seem to really like Kafka and Foles makes the Team as maybe trade bait down the road. The SS spot is another story. Bowles seems to want to give Jarrett a shot but we'll have to see how he does in TC. At this point it's Coleman's job to lose but I gotta think the FO is keeping a close eye on vet SS's out there that get cut or are looking for work.
                    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

did I hear that we signed Atogwe? Can anyone confirm?

Colt McCoy would be a decent backup if we can get him on the cheap

Comment

confirmed

http://philly.sbnation.com/philadelp...iomogho-atogwe

Comment

Atogwe is hopefully a solid veteran insurance policy at S. Disappointing to hear by way of Spadaro that Jarrett still isn't impressing anybody.

As for QB, Kafka and Foles as your backups behind Vick -- who's practically a lock to miss three games a year -- is very scary. Kafka's arm strength is not NFL quality.

This is the guy they should go and get right now: https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/st...99274118594561
                          Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Aha. So yes, the team is worried about safety too. That was basically confirmed by the pursuit of Yeremiah Bell, but I guess they had this fallback option. I guess the fourth safety is between Jarrett and the UDFA Thomas. Not sure that he automatically beats out Coleman, but at least Coleman will have to perform to stay the starter. Unless Atogwe gets injured again or something. Think he was cut by the Redskins in the wake of the Redskins losing the 18 million of cap space, though they may have planned it anyways. Year after signing a 5 year, 26 million deal. (Year before that, he signed a 5 year, 32 million deal with the Rams, only to get cut the next year.) Gotta be better than Jarrad Page, anyways.

Comment

Hey Vote, you got the safety part right!

But man, I am going to be disappointed if Jarrett can't step the FFFFFF up! C'mon, kid? What are you waiting for?
                              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
                              X