Dawk update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever experienced deja vu???
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Originally posted by FRESH View Post
      Anyone ever experienced deja vu???
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

• Why thank you. I'll be here all wee......awww hell, I'll be here forever!

As long as Vin doesn't kick me out.....
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• You mean the same people sayin the same thing over and over again? Yup!

I've just created a standard answer for the same deja vu "debate".

Comment

• Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
            You mean the same people sayin the same thing over and over again? Yup!

I've just created a standard answer for the same deja vu "debate".
            Wouldn't it be better to simply not participate?? I mean, if you don't like the topic, if you just think it's the same people sayin the same thing over and over, why not simply move on to the next thread??

Comment

• 140, goin' for 150! The front office undervalued Dawk by the way.
              "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
              — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
              - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

• Here's a little more fuel:

Posted on Thu, Oct. 8, 2009

Ashley Fox: Happy Dawkins remains member of family
                By Ashley Fox

Inquirer NFL columnist

The sweat had barely dried on his skin when Brian Dawkins sent Quintin Mikell a text message Sunday. Denver had just beaten Dallas after the Broncos' defense denied Tony Romo a couple of strikes into the end zone. Dawkins was pumped, as the television cameras showed.
                He still hates the Cowboys. And he still loves the Eagles.

You're welcome, Dawkins texted his former protégé. You're welcome.

It's been seven months since Dawkins had to say goodbye to the only franchise he had ever known. After 13 years in Philadelphia, it wasn't easy to leave, and as so often happens in these cases, there were, and still are, raw feelings.

While Dawkins is a Bronco now, wearing an orange-and-blue uniform with a No. 20 that still doesn't look quite right on one of the greatest players ever to don an Eagles jersey, he hasn't forgotten his Philly family. He still talks, usually via text message, with Mikell - a player he groomed to play the safety position with reckless abandon - and with Brian Westbrook, and, on occasion, Donovan McNabb.

But Dawkins is happier than he ever imagined he would be with the Broncos. His team is 4-0. He's a starter, with significant responsibility well beyond being a veteran team leader. The Denver defense, often criticized before the season, ranks second in the league in fewest yards allowed (sandwiched, interestingly enough, between the New York Giants at No. 1 and the Eagles at No. 3).

And, perhaps best of all, Dawkins, who got a monster five-year, $17 million deal, never gets criticized for being old. Ever. Even though he'll turn 36 next week.

"No matter what mistakes I made, it was always because of my age," Dawkins said. "If we allowed Q to cover a tight end, it was because of my age. Whatever happened, it was because of my age. It was something I had to get used to. I tried not to listen and just go out and play. . . .

"Here, it's different. When I go out and play, they aren't talking about my age. They're saying, 'We just expect Brian Dawkins to do certain things for this football team.' "

Dawkins said that the Broncos and Mike Nolan, in his first season as their defensive coordinator after coaching the San Francisco 49ers the last three seasons, had asked more of him than Jim Johnson did in the last few years here.

"They said, 'We want you to come here because we believe you're a playmaker,' " Dawkins said. " 'You are a leader, and we want you because of that, but we [also] want you because of your production and to help us win ball games.' They weren't just words."

So far, it has worked out for Dawkins. He's playing with longtime cornerback Champ Bailey and strong safety Renaldo Hill. The Broncos are third in the league in passing defense and fifth against the run. They're one of five remaining undefeated teams, and this Sunday will host the New England Patriots in what should be an emotional game for first-year coach Josh McDaniels, a former Bill Belichick assistant.

Dawkins knows that down the road he'll see the Eagles. He knows that he'll be a mess for that one in late December. So many memories, most good, a few bad. (He didn't care to discuss the bad, including his departure.)

"I miss the guys; that's just me," Dawkins said. "That was a part of me for 13 years. I've always said that I am a Philly-grown Bronco right now. I grew up in Philadelphia. They raised me from a pup. The fans did. The coaches did. Now I'm grown, playing for the Denver Broncos, doing what I do."

Including beating the Cowboys.

"Make sure you tell those Philly fans hello," Dawkins said, "and you're welcome."
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

• Comment

• It's hard to read stories like that.
                    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                      Wouldn't it be better to simply not participate?? I mean, if you don't like the topic, if you just think it's the same people sayin the same thing over and over, why not simply move on to the next thread??

I think you need to pose that question to Fresh.... he was the one asking about deja vu. I've just come up with a standard answer for this topic. Fresh seems to be the one having a problem with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                        I think you need to pose that question to Fresh.... he was the one asking about deja vu. I've just come up with a standard answer for this topic. Fresh seems to be the one having a problem with it.
                        To be fair, I'm on your side of the argument and even I find your cut and paste response to be annoying.
                        Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

• Aw Shucks!

Comment

• Ever seen the deja vu skit from Monty Python? Freaking classic, it's gotta be on youtube..........
                            "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                            — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                            - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

• I hope you are keeping your sense of humor with this, MD. I am......And I thought my comment was rather funny.

But do what you want to do. We will discuss what we want to discuss around here....even if it seems old and tired to you. When it IS old and tired, I doubt it will still be discussed. Those things seem to take care of themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                                Here's a little more fuel:

Posted on Thu, Oct. 8, 2009

Ashley Fox: Happy Dawkins remains member of family
                                By Ashley Fox

Inquirer NFL columnist

The sweat had barely dried on his skin when Brian Dawkins sent Quintin Mikell a text message Sunday. Denver had just beaten Dallas after the Broncos' defense denied Tony Romo a couple of strikes into the end zone. Dawkins was pumped, as the television cameras showed.
                                He still hates the Cowboys. And he still loves the Eagles.

You're welcome, Dawkins texted his former protégé. You're welcome.

It's been seven months since Dawkins had to say goodbye to the only franchise he had ever known. After 13 years in Philadelphia, it wasn't easy to leave, and as so often happens in these cases, there were, and still are, raw feelings.

While Dawkins is a Bronco now, wearing an orange-and-blue uniform with a No. 20 that still doesn't look quite right on one of the greatest players ever to don an Eagles jersey, he hasn't forgotten his Philly family. He still talks, usually via text message, with Mikell - a player he groomed to play the safety position with reckless abandon - and with Brian Westbrook, and, on occasion, Donovan McNabb.

But Dawkins is happier than he ever imagined he would be with the Broncos. His team is 4-0. He's a starter, with significant responsibility well beyond being a veteran team leader. The Denver defense, often criticized before the season, ranks second in the league in fewest yards allowed (sandwiched, interestingly enough, between the New York Giants at No. 1 and the Eagles at No. 3).

And, perhaps best of all, Dawkins, who got a monster five-year, $17 million deal, never gets criticized for being old. Ever. Even though he'll turn 36 next week.

"No matter what mistakes I made, it was always because of my age," Dawkins said. "If we allowed Q to cover a tight end, it was because of my age. Whatever happened, it was because of my age. It was something I had to get used to. I tried not to listen and just go out and play. . . .

"Here, it's different. When I go out and play, they aren't talking about my age. They're saying, 'We just expect Brian Dawkins to do certain things for this football team.' "

Dawkins said that the Broncos and Mike Nolan, in his first season as their defensive coordinator after coaching the San Francisco 49ers the last three seasons, had asked more of him than Jim Johnson did in the last few years here.

"They said, 'We want you to come here because we believe you're a playmaker,' " Dawkins said. " 'You are a leader, and we want you because of that, but we [also] want you because of your production and to help us win ball games.' They weren't just words."

So far, it has worked out for Dawkins. He's playing with longtime cornerback Champ Bailey and strong safety Renaldo Hill. The Broncos are third in the league in passing defense and fifth against the run. They're one of five remaining undefeated teams, and this Sunday will host the New England Patriots in what should be an emotional game for first-year coach Josh McDaniels, a former Bill Belichick assistant.

Dawkins knows that down the road he'll see the Eagles. He knows that he'll be a mess for that one in late December. So many memories, most good, a few bad. (He didn't care to discuss the bad, including his departure.)

"I miss the guys; that's just me," Dawkins said. "That was a part of me for 13 years. I've always said that I am a Philly-grown Bronco right now. I grew up in Philadelphia. They raised me from a pup. The fans did. The coaches did. Now I'm grown, playing for the Denver Broncos, doing what I do."

Including beating the Cowboys.

"Make sure you tell those Philly fans hello," Dawkins said, "and you're welcome."

Nice piece, and pretty much what I have grown to expect from the man. Open, honest and straightforward. Genuine. It is not surprising that Dawk was tired of hearing the "old" coments, because he didn't feel it. He said that when he was here. Injuries happen to all players, young and old. Hell, look at Donovan's career, Westy's, heck....Stuart Bradley. Some can play better at 35 than others did at 25. being young doesn't mean you can play, and it doesn't mean you can't get banged up. The only thing having multiple years in this league should guarantee is....experience. Dawkins has that in spades, and, he can also play a little ball.

Good for you Dawk, and as for your "you're welcome" ...I say thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X