No announcement yet.

Replacement Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope those idiots in Denver snatch up JMJ!

Comment

I wouldnt mind a look-see with Trgovac.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
        I hope those idiots in Denver snatch up JMJ!
        Apparently you just got your wish. The Denver Post is reporting that the Broncos are close to hiring Dipshit to be their DC.
        FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

thank god!

i really hate that asshole.

Comment

Per the Denver Post via RotoWorld...

According to the Denver Post, former Falcons and Seahawks coach Jim Mora will likely take over as the Broncos' new defensive coordinator.

Mora was in town to interview Monday, and the meeting apparently went well. Mora turned around an abysmal 49ers defense under Steve Mariucci from 1999-2003 before head coaching stints in Atlanta and Seattle. Like head coach John Fox, Mora's background is in the 4-3 scheme, so the Broncos are in for yet another seismic shift on defense. Should Mora land in Denver, Dick Jauron would seem to be the favorite in Philadelphia.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
              I wouldnt mind a look-see with Trgovac.
              This is the guy I want for the birds

Comment

Personally I'm hoping for Dave Wannstedt. He's experienced and has shown that he can put together a damned good defense having done it in Dallas and Pittsburgh. I'm not looking to strike gold with an unknown who learns on the job. We're a young team with a QB in his prime who takes a beating. Let's get the pieces in place as fast as we can and take advantage of Vick's abilities while he's still highly effective. I don't want a defense that peaks as the QB begins to break down and slow down. Bring in a guy who knows how to do it from day 1 and get this thing started already. 50 years is long enough to wait between Championships....
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Hmmmmm...Is there a reason we're taking our time with this????

The Browns will reportedly interview Eagles secondary coach Dick Jauron for their defensive coordinator job on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Former Cowboys and Dolphins head coach Dave Wannstedt is also being interviewed for the position this week. Jauron is a candidate for the Eagles' defensive coordinator job as well. That decision is proceeding at a deliberate pace with coach Andy Reid taking time off for vacation.

Comment

Of the "knowns", Wannstedt is my preferred choice at this point as well. I think he'd fit in well in our organization, and I've always had some repsect for him. Beyond him, unless someone else shakes free, I think we are lookingat a relative unknown up-and-comer type.....which I'm not crazy about.
                    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Trgovac. is a known, just roll back the tape to the 2003 NFC Championship game in which Trgovac defense man handled and destroyed the Eagles offense. He generally had good defenses while he was teh coordinator in Carolina and he has put together an excellent defensive line in Green Bay
                      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I don't know if this is serious or what his health status is, but someone on WIP yesterday threw out the name Ray Rhodes as a possible replacement for McDermott. I believe he is the assistant D-Coordinator somewhere. He also has ties to the Holmgren coaching tree.
                        Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
                          I don't know if this is serious or what his health status is, but someone on WIP yesterday threw out the name Ray Rhodes as a possible replacement for McDermott. I believe he is the assistant D-Coordinator somewhere. He also has ties to the Holmgren coaching tree.
                          Re: Health status. I believe that Rhodes suffered a stroke. I guess he is still very much a capable coach, but would he come back to the team that let him go?
                          Last edited by ThoughtProcess; 01-18-2011, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                            Hmmmmm...Is there a reason we're taking our time with this????
                            Perhaps the FO is waiting for the rsult of the NFC Championship game...and Trgovac.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                              Isn't More the douche who said it would not take Atlanta 4 tries in the NFC Championship game to advance? And to think they have yet to make appearance #2
                              I don't think Mora even coached a winning season after that comment, let alone a trip to the conference title game. I still have the audio from that quote and hold a grudge to this day.

Comment

Reid doesn't appear to be in any hurry as he went on vacation. I wonder if Bob Mangini is being given any consideration? I don't remember him being headed anywhere.
                                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                                X