No announcement yet.

Replacement Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't imagine the Saints would let him leave for a parallel position; it would be DC or nothing I would think. I am reading he is considered the heir apparent to Gregg Williams there though. Intriguing. May be a fallback position if they cant get Trgovac or whoever the still-in-playoffs person is.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
      Can't imagine the Saints would let him leave for a parallel position; it would be DC or nothing I would think. I am reading he is considered the heir apparent to Gregg Williams there though. Intriguing. May be a fallback position if they cant get Trgovac or whoever the still-in-playoffs person is.
      Good point.

Comment

My guess is that the Broncos/Eagles get Trgovac and Allen. Just not sure who goes where.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
          My guess is that the Broncos/Eagles get Trgovac and Allen. Just not sure who goes where.
          I think Allen is a no go as far as the Eagles are concerned. Really, what does he give you that McDermott didn't?
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Per Adam Shefter on Twitter via RotoWorld...

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the Eagles have requested permission to interview Ravens LBs coach Dean Pees for their defensive coordinator position.

The Philadelphia Inquirer's Jeff McLane and Les Bowen deny the reports, saying the Eagles have neither asked for nor received permission to interview Pees. It would be a strange fit, since Pees has worked exclusively in 3-4 schemes. If he's a real candidate, the Eagles would seem to be considering a shift in defensive philosophy. The Eagles are looking for more options after Jim Mora informed them that he'll stay in the broadcast booth in 2011. They will interview Saints secondary coach Dennis Allen soon, while current DBs coach Dick Jauron has a shot to be promoted to fill the DC role.
            Per Jay Glazer on Twitter via RotoWorld...

Saints DBs coach Dennis Allen will reportedly interview for the Broncos' defensive coordinator vacancy before he meets with the Eagles.

Both interviews are scheduled for the weekend. Allen is suddenly a hot coordinator candidate after receiving little publicity under Gregg Williams in New Orleans. He does have a history of coaching both defensive linemen and defensive backs, and has been an assistant in the NFL for nine years.
            Per Aaron Wilson on Twitter via RotoWorld...

Ravens coach John Harbaugh confirmed that LBs coach Dean Pees is not a candidate for the Eagles' defensive coordinator vacancy.

The Eagles might've looked at Pees as a position coach candidate, but the Ravens could have denied them permission for an interview. Pees is fully expected to return to Baltimore in 2011. The Eagles' defensive coordinator list is currently comprised of Dennis Allen, Dick Jauron, and Mike Trgovac.

Comment

Good! I have a feeling that Pees would look like shit as a DC.
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Take Dave Wannstedt's name off the list, he just took the DC job with the Bills. Still looks like the target is Trgo since Jauren can't wait forever with the Browns targeting him.
                Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Reports are indicating Jauron is going to Cleveland as their DC. Guess it's down to New Orleans McDermott & Trgovac.

Comment

So I guess we're pulling for Da Bears to win on Sunday so Andy can get this deal done with Trgo. I'm actually pulling for the Pack on Sunday but if they lose, there's an upside.
                    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Man what a mess this is becoming! Very few candidates left and the guy we appear to want can't talk to use for at least a week! Meanwhile all the other options are getting grabbed up. I sure hope Andy knows what the hell he's doing with this or we're going to get screwed! He damn well had better know the guy is even interested in the job if he's going to wait to talk to him. Can you imagine if Trgovac tells him that he doesn't want to leave Chicago after all of this? I'd have to punch someone....
                      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I don't mind losing Jauron. If he were a great coach, you would have seen his influence this year. I mean wasn't he coaching our DBs? We gave up 31 TD passes !!!!
                        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                          I don't mind losing Jauron. If he were a great coach, you would have seen his influence this year. I mean wasn't he coaching our DBs? We gave up 31 TD passes !!!!
                          Concur, didn't think much of him as a head coach and don't know that he is much better as a coordinator
                          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                            How do you know that without him they wouldn't have given up 41? Just saying.

Comment

Per NFL.com via RotoWorld...Jauron is gone.

Browns named Dick Jauron their new defensive coordinator.

After serving as head coach in Buffalo from 2006-2009, Jauron coached defensive backs for the Eagles in 2010. At first considered the favorite to land the Eagles' vacant DC job, he's decided to join Mike Holmgren in Cleveland, for whom he coached defensive backs in the mid-90s in Green Bay. Jauron runs a 4-3 scheme, meaning the Browns, who have run a 3-4 in recent years, will be undertaking a wholesale overhaul of their defense. Look for them to be in the market for defensive linemen this offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                                How do you know that without him they wouldn't have given up 41? Just saying.

That is a good point. Without him teams could have scored 100% of the time in the red zone instead of 80%.
                                Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X