Story (4/4) - Truth About Jackson in 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
    Again I find myself feeling soooooo dirty... seemingly defending a writer.

See I read that as-- Writers thought>>> "Since nobody is telling us anything, I guess we are just left to just assume, and this is what I am assuming"

Again this is just how I read it. But my point is that no matter how poorly he wrote it -- the observation/opinion/sarcasm/question--- does have some validity.

God, now I have to go take a shower.
    Maybe all this conjecture will prompt the Eagles to come clean.

Comment

• Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
      Maybe all this conjecture will prompt the Eagles to come clean.
      Doubt it. Have they ever, I mean really ever? (Not just referring to the Eagles -- but ALL teams and, IMM, lawyers and politicians also)

And I don't blame them, it truly isn't any of our business how they run their business. Doesn't mean I don't wanna know though. Wow, seems it really is a just a big ole catch 22.

Comment

• I had to post ... I know writers all get burned from time to time, but this one is truly a classic (from the BGN article MM posted previously ... what a great read):

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=4816051

Give Pete Carroll about one year before he starts realizing the mistake he just made. By that time, he'll be wondering why he resigned from USC to become head coach of the Seattle Seahawks.

That fat deal he recently accepted -- one reportedly worth $35 million over five years -- won't be nearly as capable of insulating his pride from all the abuse he'll be taking publicly. The players also won't be embracing him like they have in college. Before you know it, that constant smile that has become Carroll's trademark will be harder and harder to find.

Regardless of how optimistic some Carroll supporters may be about this news, the man is going to fail in the NFL. He's already been fired by the New York Jets (whom he coached in 1994) and the New England Patriots (he was there from 1997 to '99), which is all you really need to know.
        "Fail" is the word used to describe this article.

Comment

• Originally posted by fly View Post
          I had to post ... I know writers all get burned from time to time, but this one is truly a classic (from the BGN article MM posted previously ... what a great read):

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=4816051

"Fail" is the word used to describe this article.
          Chadhi is a POS. His reporting is just another in a line of reporters who suck. We need to thank tabloids for creating this crap.

Comment

• When the Eagles first showed interest in Kelly, I was against hiring him. I thought he was just another gimmicky college coach, and he was going to get his ass handed to him in the NFL. So, I started doing some research, and studying the guy a bit, and the more I read, the more impressed I became. In all the reading from various sources, all the research that I did, not one single time, not once, did I ever see anything that indicated that Kelly had an ego problem, and not once did I see the term arrogant used to describe him. Not once.

Until now. Out of the mouth of Jeff Chadia, no less.

So, I'm not buying it. Not when everything I read so far until now has indicated just the opposite.

Everyone has an opinion, here's mine. When Chip came in, he made a lot of changes. Starting with the food at novacare. He had different methods, and expected things out of his players. Most of the players were on board with these methods, but there were a few that were not. One of them was Desean Jackson. So, over the course of the season there were issues, like missed meetings, or whatever that rubbed Kelly the wrong way. But, he had Jason Avant here to help keep Jackson in line.

So then Jackson skipped out on his exit interview. I heard Brian Billick talking about this, and according to him those exit interviews are important. I wouldn't think they would matter that much, but apparently they do. So, there's that. Kelly knows that he's not bringing Avant back next year just to keep Jackson in line. So, the Xs and Os come out. Chip starts looking at the offense without Jackson. How defenses will adjust, how it will impact the passing game, etc. And, he figures that with the players he has, and the addition of Sproles and Maclin, that he can continue to move the ball and score points. So, he decides to get rid of Jackson.

Howie then picks up the phone and calls someone, my guess is he probably called Andy first, because I certainly would have, and Andy says "thanks, but no thanks." At that point, the cat is out of the bag, and there are big red flags going up across the league as teams try to figure out why the hell the Eagles would look to cut ties with him.

And, that lead us to where we are now.

For me, I'm ready to move on as well. What's done is done. But, I look at what Kelly did last season, and I consider the fact that it was his first year at the NFL level, and the first year in the system for all the players, especially the QB. And, I gain a lot of confidence in his ability. I don't think losing Jackson is going to slow them down one damned bit.

We'll see what happens, but I trust Chip. Shit canning Jackson doesn't change that, nor does the way this was handled. Sorry.

I could be wrong, of course, but I doubt it.

Comment

Working...
            X